Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
There is a similar discussion on this but I want to start a new conversation based on my specific problem. I have a Jeep Level 1 charger that works fine. An electrician installed a Juicebox 40 today. And here are my problems, and wondering if it's mostly with the Juicebox as I'm reading a lot of negative things about their app and it inability to accept changes as described below.

1. After about 15 seconds of charging, I get a "Charge Fault" error on UConnect app and outer two led on dash blink. The Juicebox however shows solid green which in this newer model means "Vehicle No Longer Drawing Power."
2. I tried to go into app an change Amperage draw to some lower rating (e.g. 16, 32) down from 40 and I get this error in the app. "Invalid Unit Information". HOWEVER, if I go to the website and log in to my account, I can change the amperage. But the website and App apparently dont talk to each other from this point of view. All other info like car name, etc, update between the two.

So my question is: is anybody else having these EXACT same problems and if so how did you fix it, keeping the Juicebox, without troubleshooting by trying another level 2 charger?

I'm mostly concerned about the "Charge Fault" as it is keeping me from using my Level 2 completely.
It’s not the charger that’s the issue mine has the same problem anytime I charge it below 10%. The dealership has been trying to figure out the problem for the past two months and they can’t figure it out.

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
73 Posts
Hi,

There are a few recalls on the 4xe that I noted down below. The software updates are for Jeeps manufactured before a certain date, and look to help solve a lot of the issues with charging, transmission, and other ECU type issues. The 4xe has a lot of little computers that manage emissions, transmissions, charging, etc, and these R21 recalls, are software updates for those onboard computers. There is also a hardware recall for a rolled seal on the High Voltage wire harness Y46. You might see one of these recalls, or all in your MyMopar app after your enter your VIN details.

Module software updates

R21-123
R21-124
R21-125
R21-126
R21-127

Harness HV seal

Y46

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

There are a few recalls on the 4xe that I noted down below. The software updates are for Jeeps manufactured before a certain date, and look to help solve a lot of the issues with charging, transmission, and other ECU type issues. The 4xe has a lot of little computers that manage emissions, transmissions, charging, etc, and these R21 recalls, are software updates for those onboard computers. There is also a hardware recall for a rolled seal on the High Voltage wire harness Y46. You might see one of these recalls, or all in your MyMopar app after your enter your VIN details.

Module software updates

R21-123
R21-124
R21-125
R21-126
R21-127

Harness HV seal

Y46
They just did all of the updates to the vehicle last week and the issue is still happening.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Do you get a session graph? Have you monitored the temp, voltage, and current while charging to see if anything odd shows up in the data?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Something similar just happened to me. I'm on my 3rd day of having the charger.

1. Jeep charged to 100%
  2. JuiceBox is green, reporting 247V and 33C
  3. JB app looks like it had a perfect charge session
  4. Uconnect reports charging was interrupted
  5. 4xe is telling me to check the external charger.
  6. No disconnects/reconnects showing in the JB's logs until I disconnected.
  7. No notifications of being offline/online from the JB. Apparently it notifies of such. Although I don't know how it notifies it's offline.
I'm kind of on the JB's side here and think it's something screwy with the Jeep.

The info provided in the Uconnect app is so dumbed down it's next to useless. But the timeframe of the Uconnect message puts it around the same time. It only says 6 hours ago when the charge ended about five and a half hours ago. I doubt it faulted before charging was complete.

I've seen some anomalies before with the L1 where it got interrupted, just got stuck for hours up around 98%, or was completed with 98% charge. But the JB is always bam to 100% with no fuss.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I contacted support on the above issue and it seems there is a setting for the JuiceBox to limit total charge on a session. This is not available on the app but is on the web site, next to the amperage setting. It should be set to zero for unlimited charge. Mine had a value in it for some reason.

This is not the same setting as the vehicle's battery capacity. I suspect I may have accidentally done that when trying to adjust the battery capacity.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts