Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two or three times now, I've woken up with the 4xe at 99%, saying "10 minutes remaining" for far more than 10 minutes. A quick replug of the charger, and suddenly it's fully charged. Anyone else seen that?

I'm thinking about unplugged the (12V) battery to see if it's some firmware glitch that just needs a reset.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Down near 40F overnight - maybe it is doing some warming?

The last two charges stopped fine, like I'd expect. It's now charging from "<1%", so I'll see what it does this time...

·
Registered
868 Posts
Possibly, I'm not lucky enough to see cool weather like that! I think we will learn over time.

I posted in another thread today that I had my charging shut down at 94%. It was plugged in, green light, no error messages. I have seen it start off at 99% a time or two but I didn't realty think about it much at the time.

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4xe
11 Posts
Possibly, I'm not lucky enough to see cool weather like that! I think we will learn over time.

I posted in another thread today that I had my charging shut down at 94%. It was plugged in, green light, no error messages. I have seen it start off at 99% a time or two but I didn't realty think about it much at the time.
This has happened to me twice in the past week overnight as well, so you're not alone! I'm not sure if I should take it in or not, but I'm in Florida where it's definitely a lot hotter (and more humid) even at night.

·
Registered
2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
59 Posts
I've also started the day a couple of time with 94% or 99%. I didn't think much about it either. Still waiting for a pattern of some kind to form. I'm in GA, it's July and has been really hot, rainy and humid here too. Not sure if that's a factor, but worth noting here I suppose.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Mine was stuck at 99% all day today( like 7 hours past when it should have been done on the level 1 charger), but it's the first cooler day we have sen in a while. I finally unplugged it and waited for all the relays to stop clicking and plugged it back in. Got 100% immediately. I'm thinking there's something missing in the temperature compensation algorithm.

·
Registered
| 2012 JKU Sahara | 2021 4xe Sahara |
119 Posts
Could have sworn I read someone post recently that taking his/her vehicle in for the 5 RRT flashes seemed to have resolved this very issue.

·
Registered
| 2012 JKU Sahara | 2021 4xe Sahara |
119 Posts
Mine is in the shop now getting oil and tires done. Supposed to have 7 tsb ad recalls updated. Maybe this will be the fix.
🤞

I’ve never had this issue charging on my [dumb] Grizzl-E Avalanche (basic but white) Ed., and have yet to try the Level 1 cord the vehicle came with, so I can’t comment on whether or not that’s a fix. I also don’t leave it plugged overnight so that may be it too as it wouldn’t be conditioning the battery unplugged.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Curious if anyone has more information on this issue. Yesterday, for the first time, the last of the status of charging lights was continuously blinking, long past the the time of when the battery should have been fully charged. I unhooked the L2 charger, plugged it in again and the indicator briefly had all 5 lights blinking and then went dark, as it should. Ambient temp and humidity was unremarkable.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Curious if anyone has more information on this issue. Yesterday, for the first time, the last of the status of charging lights was continuously blinking, long past the the time of when the battery should have been fully charged. I unhooked the L2 charger, plugged it in again and the indicator briefly had all 5 lights blinking and then went dark, as it should. Ambient temp and humidity was unremarkable.
Mine has done it once more since taking it in for service where 7 different CMs were updated. I had hoped it was a software glitch, but the latest update didn't seem to fix it. I'm using a level 1 charger.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I have a graph of it happening here. Very Slow L2 Charging Session with Weird Graph

I had a few more graphs like that one after that post. It hasn't happened since the RRT software updates but I'm keeping an eye on it.

My JuiceBox EVSE has once or twice, post update, flashed yellow without getting the message from the 4xe it was done. Touching the door handle, waking the Jeep up, seems to clear the EVSE indicating there was a problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts