Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

After driving my very first Jeep 4xe for almost a month, I'm finding myself at the service counter now for the third time! :(
1. Service Charging system error message
2. My car abruptly stops while backing up
3. RPM stays around 2000 while the car is Idle, making a loud jet like noise
4. Bluetooth speaker is choppy

I would love some feedback as to how to handle Jeep and in general how to approach the whole situation since a recent trip I took was interrupted as well.
Thanks!
Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering part Steering wheel
Product Font Screenshot Parallel Circle

·
Registered
2021 Stingray Rubicon 4xe
95 Posts
I can’t help with any of the specific problems you mentioned, but would recommend sending a private message to @JeepCares for assistance with dealer issues. They can’t solve your vehicle problems but can help with the dealer.

If this is the third time you have taken it back to the dealer and you feel like they don’t really know what they are doing with the 4xe, try taking it to a different dealership for service. Not all dealers have the same level of expertise with these vehicles.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it. I keep a wrench in my JL for that reason. It will reset everything (including U Connect) and usually fixes things when it goes nuts.

Also, be sure to track all of your trips and paperwork in case you need to file a lemon law claim. In TX it's not very hard to get a new vehicle or buyback — as long as you follow all of the rules/requirements.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi Everyone,

After driving my very first Jeep 4xe for almost a month, I'm finding myself at the service counter now for the third time! :(
1. Service Charging system error message
2. My car abruptly stops while backing up
3. RPM stays around 2000 while the car is Idle, making a loud jet like noise
4. Bluetooth speaker is choppy

I would love some feedback as to how to handle Jeep and in general how to approach the whole situation since a recent trip I took was interrupted as well.
Thanks! View attachment 2669 View attachment 2670
I can’t help with any of the specific problems you mentioned, but would recommend sending a private message to @JeepCares for assistance with dealer issues. They can’t solve your vehicle problems but can help with the dealer.

If this is the third time you have taken it back to the dealer and you feel like they don’t really know what they are doing with the 4xe, try taking it to a different dealership for service. Not all dealers have the same level of expertise with these vehicles.
Thanks for bringing this thread to our attention, Archnemysis.

Hi, ketimag. Please send us a private message with more details; including the date of your most recent dealer appointment for this so we can assist.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Reactions: georgesr65

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the tag!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it. I keep a wrench in my JL for that reason. It will reset everything (including U Connect) and usually fixes things when it goes nuts.

Also, be sure to track all of your trips and paperwork in case you need to file a lemon law claim. In TX it's not very hard to get a new vehicle or buyback — as long as you follow all of the rules/requirements.
Thank you for the suggestion...I feel as though Jeep may need to recall the 4xe's because of all the problems...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Guys….
Sharing my story with you and will keep you posted to document the case.

Mine brake down last night driving home1:30am
~950miles rubicon 4xe 20days old

Dashboard was flashing with multiple warnings
(Started with service charging system)
then it entered into a slow drive mode showing a turtle

finally after few minutes it not react anymore - you can tell it’s start to re-boot but it came back with lots of failures. also the failures Changed over time e.g. Interieur lightsflashing, wippers start moving slowly, all gear selector leds where orange. Then back white - sway bar indicator blinking. Lots of warning sounds, could not shut off the vehicle, Relay box clicking wild, I checked fuses are all pushed in - no success ….
I could not switch into neutral - so I had to manual engage neutral and push the vehicle aside as I was rolling into a parking lot in the middle of the night and in Stopped in the entrance.

WORSE PART @JeepCares

i called jeep Service- they said they would need to tow me. Takes 20-60 min it took 2.5 hours and du further calls and escalation to supervisors to final get an definitive answer that ist „unlikely“ someone would tow me and bring me home that time …. So I helped myself.

Bottomline
I end up being home using an Uber 5:30am waiting several hours for help at 37F , pushing a freaking heavy 70k jeep which is 20days old and received little to no help and payed them 69$ for that service.

Im really „happy“…. :censored::cautious::mad:

Speedometer Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Odometer Tachometer

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Car

@ketimag
Any news on your 4xe? What is jeep doing to get this situation resolved on your end ?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Hi Guys….

finally after few minutes it not react anymore - you can tell it’s start to re-boot but it came back with lots of failures. also the failures Changed over time e.g. Interieur lightsflashing, wippers start moving slowly, all gear selector leds where orange. Then back white - sway bar indicator blinking. Lots of warning sounds, could not shut off the vehicle, Relay box clicking wild, I checked fuses are all pushed in - no success ….
I could not switch into neutral - so I had to manual engage neutral and push the vehicle aside as I was rolling into a parking lot in the middle of the night and in Stopped in the entrance.

WORSE PART @JeepCares

i called jeep Service- they said they would need to tow me. Takes 20-60 min it took 2.5 hours and du further calls and escalation to supervisors to final get an definitive answer that ist „unlikely“ someone would tow me and bring me home that time …. So I helped myself.

Bottomline
I end up being home using an Uber 5:30am waiting several hours for help at 37F , pushing a freaking heavy 70k jeep which is 20days old and received little to no help and payed them 69$ for that service.

View attachment 2746

View attachment 2747

@ketimag
Any news on your 4xe? What is jeep doing to get this situation resolved on your end ?
Sounds like a computer failure. PCM or TCM perhaps?

With that much stuff going off you really can't tell what went wrong, the errors just start cascading.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi Guys….

WORSE PART @JeepCares

Bottomline

View attachment 2746

View attachment 2747

@ketimag
If you need assistance while your Jeep is with the dealer, please feel free to send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Guys….

WORSE PART @JeepCares

Bottomline

View attachment 2746

View attachment 2747

@ketimag
Hi- Apologies for the delayed response...I was sad to read your story...luckily you were able to get towed and get out of a dangerous situation unharmed. As for my jeep- it is still in the dealership. I called for status today but no one got back to me. I think the lemon law applies on my end. I think Jeep needs to recall the cars until they figure out whats causing the issues.
Please update us with your situation!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi- Apologies for the delayed response...I was sad to read your story...luckily you were able to get towed and get out of a dangerous situation unharmed. As for my jeep- it is still in the dealership. I called for status today but no one got back to me. I think the lemon law applies on my end. I think Jeep needs to recall the cars until they figure out whats causing the issues.
Please update us with your situation!
No update for me today-dealer still working.
I assume (hope) its a “ground” problem only.
If I don’t hear back I will open a case with jeep cares . I’m wondering if they reimburse Uber and towing cost…

·
Registered
335 Posts
@McGyver
Honestly, based on what you are describing it really sounds like a bad 12v battery as all of those items use it as their source of power. Really reminds me of dealing with my dads cherokee this weekend that hadn't been driven in a few months. Same issues. Slow wipers, clicking relays, can't shift, cant turn anything off, all sorts of warning messages, ect.
There have been quite a few individuals commenting about bad 12v batteries here lately.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No update for me today-dealer still working.
I assume (hope) its a “ground” problem only.
If I don’t hear back I will open a case with jeep cares . I’m wondering if they reimburse Uber and towing cost…
Of course they will reimburse the costs- this is not something you should pay out of pocket
My jeep was ready and then the error happened again-

·
Registered
17 Posts
no feedback from my dealer . i text and called no answer. I see the car sits on the same spot it was 3 days ago So I guess I will ask for Jeep cares to help ,asking this priority

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no feedback from my dealer . i text and called no answer. I see the car sits on the same spot it was 3 days ago So I guess I will ask for Jeep cares to help ,asking this priority
I just got my car back and it seems that error message was there yesterday at the dealership. I may have no choice but to file lemon. Jeepcares has not responded to me either.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just got my car back and it seems that error message was there yesterday at the dealership. I may have no choice but to file lemon. Jeepcares has not responded to me either.
do you know what they did at the dealer? can you ask them for the vsr?
hope you are successful with the car drives now without the failure reoccurring !

i filed now a claim with Jeep cares …

·
Registered
17 Posts
Update
Visit the dealer today … new 12v Battery + software updates done - also all open updates for my vin are supposed to get done on Monday . they said they Need to keep the Car for further analysis …

·
Registered
901 Posts
The more I keep reading about all the 12V battery issues the more I want to just toss in a good deep cycle battery. We don't need high CCAs since we don't have a starter. But we do need good power to run the computers.

It's not just Jeep, for some reason new vehicles seem to be shipping with bad batteries. I've wondered if there was a surplus sitting for way too long.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts