Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
381 - 400 of 419 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Ok so pretty major issue popped up with the 4XE this afternoon.
Driving on 95N in esave when the engine just cut out and RPM went down to zero. Display had the red electric charge symbol with a message "Service charge system now" and "Place car in park" with the Drive showing a flashing D. We coasted the JL over to the shoulder. Place the JL car in park and then it went back to the standard "push start and press the brake". Thank heavens JL started back up. Interestingly the "Service charge system" is for when you car is in park and is actively charging with the recommendation to unplug and plug back in your Echarger. Guess it's a trip to the dealership Monday. Jeep was picked up from the dealership on April 17th. Will update once we hear from Wrangler, but have a sinking feeling it won't be a fast turn around :(
i have a 2022 High Altitude 4XE and this same thing happened to me over the weekend while i was in North Carolina, i only have like 3900 miles on mine. I did the same thing…coasted to a stop with no power and put the jeep in park then restarted it. It has been fine but i am concerned. What did you find out about your Jeep after you had it back to the dealer?

· Registered
41 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Mine has been in the shop since June 13th. Will be 60 days on the 11th. They have replace two different items and are now waiting on a new battery pack assembly. I loved my Jeep, but I also don't want it back after sitting on their lot for 60 days all torn apart. This is pretty ridiculous, I have never been contacted by Jeep or any other person other than the dealership. I'm hoping lemon law works faster than the repairs have taken.

· Customer Care Team
395 Posts
Mine has been in the shop since June 13th. Will be 60 days on the 11th. They have replace two different items and are now waiting on a new battery pack assembly. I loved my Jeep, but I also don't want it back after sitting on their lot for 60 days all torn apart. This is pretty ridiculous, I have never been contacted by Jeep or any other person other than the dealership. I'm hoping lemon law works faster than the repairs have taken.
We're sorry to hear of this extended dealer stay! Send our team a private message, we'd be happy to provide you support.

Kate
Jeep Cares

· Registered
1 Posts
953 Miles and 14 days old and my 4XE 2022 Sahara engine turned off going 70 on the highway. Thank god the car doesn't actually turn off and I was able to use my breaks and power steering to get off the road. It has been at Jeep for 17 days. They have no idea what is going on and are telling me that the delays are delays between talking to Jeep and getting answers. Has anyone heard that? Or am I just getting lip service? They said they have fixed the issue in the past, but cant do anything about how long the delay is.

· Registered
1 Posts
they told me same battery issue 1st later change to wire harness issue
16 days still waiting for parts
Add my 2021 4Xe to the list of Jeeps with the same issue. 6,800 miles and vehicle had to be towed to Jeep today at a most inconvenient time. Same issue. Hybrid failure if some kind. Can’t get vehicle out of Park. I guess since many of the complaints started a year ago, Jeep hasn’t been too quick to resolve this situation.

· Registered
6 Posts
Add my 2021 4Xe to the list of Jeeps with the same issue. 6,800 miles and vehicle had to be towed to Jeep today at a most inconvenient time. Same issue. Hybrid failure if some kind. Can’t get vehicle out of Park. I guess since many of the complaints started a year ago, Jeep hasn’t been too quick to resolve this situation.
Well, I just got my Jeep back after being in the shop for 65 days. Hopefully they get yours fixed quicker than that. But no, they have not figured anything out yet, just kept replacing parts until it finally worked. Dealership did not provide me with any details of the work done to mine, so not sure what actually worked to fix the issue. Good luck.

· Customer Care Team
395 Posts
I'm not sure how to send a direct message. It appears that after 65 days in the shop, they may have finally got it running. Still doing testing today, I guess we'll see if I get it back any time soon.
You can message our team by clicking our username and choosing to "send message." If you're still unable to find it, you can call Jeep Cares directly at 877-426-5337.

Kate
Jeep Cares
If you need support while your Jeep us at a dealership for repairs, please send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

· Registered
5 Posts
Okay, so I went to the dealership to pick up a new Sahara 4xe with the Sky 1 touch top. The jeep broke down on my way home!!! I got stuck at a traffic light with the “Service Charging System” error. I could not restart the Jeep unless I opened/closed the door first. It stalled again 100 yards down the road, so I called the dealer to pick it up. The dealer said they would void the deal if they can’t figure out the issue on Monday. Which isn’t a great option since inventory is so low, it might take months to get another. So frustrating to learn there are so many issues with these 4xe

· Registered
6 Posts
Okay, so I went to the dealership to pick up a new Sahara 4xe with the Sky 1 touch top. The jeep broke down on my way home!!! I got stuck at a traffic light with the “Service Charging System” error. I could not restart the Jeep unless I opened/closed the door first. It stalled again 100 yards down the road, so I called the dealer to pick it up. The dealer said they would void the deal if they can’t figure out the issue on Monday. Which isn’t a great option since inventory is so low, it might take months to get another. So frustrating to learn there are so many issues with these 4xe
It sucks, it is such a fun vehicle to drive. But if it is in the shop it is miserable. I don't understand why Jeep hasn't figured this issue. It has been happening since day one. Kind of crazy.

· Registered
3,742 Posts
It sucks, it is such a fun vehicle to drive. But if it is in the shop it is miserable. I don't understand why Jeep hasn't figured this issue. It has been happening since day one. Kind of crazy.
The issue is that "service charging system" is like a check engine light but for the electrical system. It can come on for any number of different reasons.

· Registered
6 Posts
The issue is that "service charging system" is like a check engine light but for the electrical system. It can come on for any number of different reasons.
Is that why it took 65 days to figure out how to fix mine? Usually a "service engine" light take a simple check and you're back on the road. Usually a gas cap. I am not real sure how to trust my Jeep when it literally breaks down in traffic and will not move.

· Registered
3,742 Posts
Usually a "service engine" light take a simple check and you're back on the road. Usually a gas cap
A gas cap can certainly cause a check engine light, and it is a common cause, but there are tons of different things that can trigger them. Many of which can be difficult to diagnose.

The point is that, like a check engine light, the service charging system, can have tons of causes. A very common one is from an external charging station giving an out of spec signal. Should that happen, it just needs reset. Think of that as the service charging system "gas cap" example. Common, easy to fix, no big deal. That doesn't mean that every thing that triggers the service charging system error is a common problem that's easy to fix and no big deal. Just like not every check engine light is as simple as fixing the gas cap.

When you get a generic fault error, diagnosing can be easy or it can be hard, and rarely is there a "one size fits all" solution waiting to be discovered. When one asks "why haven't they fixed the service charging system error", what they're actually asking is "why haven't they fixed every possible fault or error that could go wrong electronically, even the ones with every possible charging station out there?"

· Registered
3 Posts
Hello I’m having a similar problem my Jeep Sahara 4XE won’t turn on at all after 15,000 miles. When I try starting it nothing happens — only thing it says in the dashboard “is press down on break and start engine”. Car locks and unlocks with key fob.. but nothing else..

Ive tried plugging it in and starting it but nothing happens.

Should I try jump starting it before getting it towed?

· Registered
3 Posts
Dead/dying 12v batteries are super common. A jump may help, or you can pull the 12v battery out and take it to an autoparts store to charge/test.
I called a mechanic through Jeep/RSA help.. they came within 30mins. Turns out every time the Jeep would switch from hybrid to engine only it was creating a residue on top of the battery. Just had to clean it off and started again.😅

· Registered
3,742 Posts
There was residue blocking the connector on the battery that was disrupting the connection. As soon as I wipe it off my jeep started again
A bad 12v connection makes total sense given the problem you were describing and some crap on the connector could definitely cause that.

That residue building up due to the jeep switching from electric to hybrid makes no sense.

381 - 400 of 419 Posts