Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I picked up a jeep wrangler rubicon 4xe and after the first 600km a check engine light came on. I had reason to believe that bad gas caused it so I filled the tank with fresh 94 oct from a local gas station and sure enough, after a nother scan through the Uconnect app, it says that there are no errors. The check engine light is still on though, will it go off or do I need the dealer to erase it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just had our 4xe Sahara in for a check engine light. Something to do with Level 2 charging providing too much power. Best to take it in and see what the codes say. We were told that with the 4xe there are all new codes, so I couldn't find the code on-line but then googled the error message and that led to me the charging spec. A day later our service advisor said it was something to do with the charging and just to keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought my first ever Jeep, the 4xe Sahara and I am loving it! Just like you guys, my check engine light came on 2 days after buying it, so I took it back to the dealer and they reset a code. Now here it is just over 2 weeks later and my light just came back on! I will keep you posted what it is this time but I really hope this beast doesn't turn out to be a lemon, especially considering the high price tag. In another Jeep forum they mentioned that it could be related to the battery coolant, stay tuned. I use the standard 120v charger at home so I don't think its Level 2 related in my Jeep's case.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Update on dealer visit #2 - The first time the check engine light came on they reset a code that was for the battery coolant. The second time it came on they did a little more digging and testing to discover that the wire that goes to the sensor for the battery coolant was not connected. I'm a bit relieved that it was related to the first issue, and glad it is now fixed (I hope). I feel like the guinea pig at my dealer since I was the first ever 4xe they sold and I've already been back twice in the 2 weeks of owning it. Especially since the service techs aren't too versed yet in how to work on them. The top is off and my fingers are crossed!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I’m just going to say it. I don’t think the workers at the Jeep factory give a shit about doing a good job. Watch a Jeep production video and then a Porsche production video on YouTube and see the difference in their workers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts