Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Well sadly I got to join the CEL problem last week. It actually first happened a month and a half ago. I was coming home from visiting family in NY, as I was approaching the GW bridge my light came on along with another one about my axel locker. After I crossed the bridge I pulled off, restarted the car and all was fine. A few weeks later same crossing, same problem only this time I got the red turtle and couldn’t accelerate across the bridge. Thankfully there was traffic so I didnt cause others problems. When I got across the bridge I pulled off, stopped and waited, then the car was back to normal.

I took the car into Jeep on Monday, they couldn’t find the problem so they kept it over night. After consulting with Chrysler they were told to try to recreate the problem and see if they could find something or they would have to replace the wiring to something that nobody has explained to me. Now I’m told they still need to replace the wires that control the cooling system for the batteries and it’s too dangerous for me to drive. The parts they need are on Back order and won’t give me an estimation of when I’ll get my Jeep back. I’m furious right now. They put me in a crappy rental and I’m worried this will be months before it’s resolved. I also get the impression they have no idea what the issue is and they are just replacing stuff to cover their butts
Hate to add to the negative vibes, but… same’ish story of far too many jeepers.. took delivery of a beautiful rubi 8 hours ago with 16 miles on it. 5 miles into it I hear the loud fan noise others report, and at around 50mi the cel comes on. Hoping this is something easy, but seems we have a huge QC issue. Not mad just disappointed, but hopeful😜
Sorry to hear of the concerns you both are experiencing! I would like to discuss with each of you further, please send our team a private message separately and we can get started. Thanks!

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
5 Posts
Glad to come across this forum and it isn't just us having CEL issues. I purchased my Jeep 4xe on 7/4. Not even 2 weeks later the CEL came on and the fan wouldn't stop running. Local Jeep dealer couldn't see us for 2 weeks almost, so we had to make the hour drive back to where we bought it from. First they tried to tell us we didn't charge the battery (it was on a full charge prior to driving down there). Kept it for a few days and then said the temperature sensor needed replaced. After having it for 2 weeks we finally got it back on 7/30. Had been driving fine since and then this evening the CEL came on again. Checked gas cap (I've seen others say this could cause the light to come on) and it was tight. So frustrated at this point. First Jeep and my experience has been horrible between dealing with this and the dealership we bought from.

·
Registered
473 Posts
@Ncevans07 you can go to an auto parts store and have them read the CEL codes for free. I’m not saying ignore it, but the CEL came on in my JK fairly often and it was always a minor issue or nothing at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We have one, just giving us a basic code from what we can find. I’m past ignoring it. I took it out this morning to test it after checking all fuses, gas cap, etc. fully charged and the engine completely shut off on me while I was driving. Saying “Service Charging System” error. Was told to have it towed to local Jeep dealership tomorrow.

@Ncevans07 you can go to an auto parts store and have them read the CEL codes for free. I’m not saying ignore it, but the CEL came on in my JK fairly often and it was always a minor issue or nothing at all.

·
Registered
473 Posts
@Ncevans07 yeah, that is more serious like some of the other users reported. From what I have read on this site, you will likely need a new PIM, wiring harness or battery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That’s what I have read. I’m already at 14 out of the 30 day lemon law requirement for Virginia where I bought it. Day 30 hits I’ll be requesting a replacement or refund.

@Ncevans07 yeah, that is more serious like some of the other users reported. From what I have read on this site, you will likely need a new PIM, wiring harness or battery.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Quick update: Took the vehicle in for service last Thursday and the check engine light was related to a leak detection. They reset the warnings and checked the gas cap and it's been fine since. It's interesting because I hadnt refueled the vehicle to that point but for now it seems my issues have been resolved and are (fingers crossed) not related to the larger issues that some are facing. I will update this if there is any change to this status.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My Check Engine light came on yesterday. :cry: My authorized dealer has no service openings until November 9th but said it was OK to drive until then. Fuses seated, gas cap is tight and it seems to drive fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just purchased my 4xe yesterday! with 40 miles on it - now at about 100 miles, CEL came on. Good Lord! going to the dealer tomorrow to drop it off, hope it is not a major issue, but sounds like FCA really needs to pay attention to this, it appears to be a common problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
@Sjbiss Thanks for the feedback!
I did check the fuses...they are all well seated in there, fuel cap is also tight. Funny thing, and I dont know if it was just acoincidence, but I decided to top off the gas tank, went to pick up some food, turned off the engine...turned back on and the engine light was gone! was happy for about 10 minutes but it came up again on my way home.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone
After 2 months from my last post I have an update and this is the update.
I have no Car. It has been in the dealer since early July. I waited 3 months after I ordered to get it. Drove for 24 hrs, check engine light on that was the last time I saw the car. I actually forgot how it looks like inside and out, not kidding here.
Anyways, just got another non committal, vague and short email to tell me again that this so called missing part is delayed another 10 days.
At this point I have no interest in having this car anymore. I have driven several cars in my life, but this has to be the worse experience I ever had on a new car. I have reached my limit. I do understand the Covid short supply chain and all but there is a limit to it and this is just unacceptable. I have lost all confidence on Jeep and their cars.
I paid $5K above sticker and a hair below 80K and yet this is what i have. Nothing but excuses and short emails sent mostly on Fridays late afternoons so you won't have a chance to even call to ask why has the date been pushed again and again.
I want out of this mess and will start the return and full refund back.

·
Registered
473 Posts
@Svart24 I don't blame you one bit. Supply chain issues or not, nobody should be waiting mos for a vehicle they owned 24 hours to be repaired.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Share my experience on Check Engine light: I took my family to oversand drive last weekend with my new 4xe. It was fun. And I got Check Engine light when returning home, pulled over, searched internet (not found this forum yet), then checked gas cap... light still on, nervously drove on highway for about 100 miles. Then stopped to pick up pizza. When turning engine back up on, the check engine light was gone. I thought it was gas cap issue.

Then find this helpful forum, and feeling I am so lucky. I have the car about 40 days, with two long trips, 1600+miles. Really hope the community can help Jeep find the root of cause of this problem, because I love the car like many of you, but have concerns on the safety now.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts