Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
After reading the messages here, I did check my fuse box today. Like many others said, many of fuses are loosing, particularly larger ones. Hopefully it will help avoiding this happening to me in the future by pushing them tight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Appreciate the input and keep the comments coming. My 4xe High Altitude had the same check engine light, dealership has been working with Chrysler for nearly 2 weeks, so far nothing and updates are far and few between. Dealership says they are in 'wait' mode, waiting on Chrysler. Overall loved the jeep until this occurred. Error codes indicate it is related to the pressurized fuel system, but they seem at a loss to determine what should be done next. It did indicate a loose gas gap about 2 days prior to the CEL.
Any updates on this? I took had a CEL appear a week after owning my 4xE. The dealership said the signs read:
“small evap leak” and “large evap leak” due to the gas cap getting “crushed”. They told me it wasn’t covered under warranty due to an “external factor”. In this case, someone turning the gas cap “too hard” to the point the neck filler needs replacement. Clearly this dealership is a con-artist so getting a second opinion at another dealership. I’m pretty sure this is a factory defect, especially if the vehicle has less than 600 miles. Any advice or recommendations? Can’t believe this is all from a gas cap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Purchased our 2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4XE on 7/25 with 231 miles on it, before we hit 500 miles CEL was on. Checked gas cap, checked fuses, all good. Had a code of P04EE. Couldn't get in for service for about a week, took to dealership where we bought it, which is over an hour away and they said that they couldn't find anything wrong, it was probably a "stored" code - asked about a smoke test and was told that wouldn't work as it didn't provide enough pressure, so they reset the code and sent us on our way. The next day - the CEL was back on. Couldn't get in again for about a week, they had the Jeep for 3 days, said they did smoke test and found nothing, so were reaching out to tech support. Tech support got back to them and said it is a Fuel Filler Neck issue that they are aware of and are re-working the part but that it wouldn't be available for a couple months, but they had it on order and would expedite it and to go ahead and drive the jeep until then. What if something else goes wrong that would trigger a CEL and we weren't aware and continued to drive it? No one seems concerned - but it isn't their 50K+.
Hey I’m in the same situation as you! However the dealership is saying it’s not covered sunder warranty due to an external factor. What is your case number so I can bring this to Jeep Wave’s attention?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update:
My 4xe is still at the dealership, for 7 days now, CEL keeps coming back despite a reflash (TCM and PCM).
Very annoying, purchased a brand new car after 8 years. Not even 100 miles later...problems.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
520 Posts
Update:
My 4xe is still at the dealership, for 7 days now, CEL keeps coming back despite a reflash (TCM and PCM).
Very annoying, purchased a brand new car after 8 years. Not even 100 miles later...problems.
Damn that sucks! I hope they get that figured out for you. And quick!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey I’m in the same situation as you! However the dealership is saying it’s not covered sunder warranty due to an external factor. What is your case number so I can bring this to Jeep Wave’s attention?
This PDF link was posted elsewhere on this forum. Perhaps you can use this to inspect your own and then take it to the dealership if it looks damaged. I've never really paid attention to how I put on a gas cap until this car, but I know the Jeep gas cap has caused CELs twice already for me and there's nothing I've seen to make it better to this point.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10198356-9999.pdf

·
Registered
3 Posts
This PDF link was posted elsewhere on this forum. Perhaps you can use this to inspect your own and then take it to the dealership if it looks damaged. I've never really paid attention to how I put on a gas cap until this car, but I know the Jeep gas cap has caused CELs twice already for me and there's nothing I've seen to make it better to this point.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10198356-9999.pdf
Second dealership I took it too were much more honest folks. Turns out it just needed a software update, after it was completed the CEL disappeared and they confirmed it didn’t have anything to do with a large or small evap leak.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Our 4Xe has been in the shop for nearly three weeks. Not far away from our state's 30 day out of service Lemon Law. CEL and waiting for some part in the charging system.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Our 4Xe has been in the shop for nearly three weeks. Not far away from our state's 30 day out of service Lemon Law. CEL and waiting for some part in the charging system.
That sounds really frustrating, Flieger. If you want some support while you're at the dealer, send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

81 - 90 of 90 Posts