Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
On the topic of complaining, this forum is helping me greatly regarding my purchase decision. I have IDed this as the car I want but I’m leaning to passing this up. The 4xe sounds like a disaster.

I like car forums and I’ve seen how the bitching threads get people fired up but I’ve never seen anything like this vehicle’s issues and service.

My 4xe remains digitally built, credit app sitting, just waiting for my thumbs up and deposit.

·
Registered
550 Posts
@john adams No idea but probably. Jeep has sold about 25k units which would mean ~250 failures at 1%. Assuming most with issues post on this board, they are most likely well above 99%, but I’m not sure where you got this number from. Is this an industry standard of some sort or your opinion. I would think the standard would be higher than 99% to be honest. My company produces software for the auto industry and our clients hold us to 99.5% - 99.9%.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Frankly I find this particular forum is quite negative. I don't minimize people's issues and if yours is one with issues, I am very sympathetic. But I am also on the FB Wrangler 4XE page and the vast majority of people there have no or minor issues and are very happy with their 4XEs even after many miles. That said, the issues brought to light here simply should not happen on any vehicle but especially one that is this expensive.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I just picked up our brand new Rubicon 4xe today and on the way home less then 100 miles, I got the check engine light. Literally just drove it off the lot and I am hoping its nothing but sucks that I have to look at this and worry about it. I have checked the gas cap, the fuses and still have the light. I have no other warnings or issues but dont have time to take this into a dealer. Was so excited for my new Jeep and already worried about it….Anyone have any other fixes?
Any news? We bought from Criswell in Gaithersburg, but live in NOVA.

Our 4Xe is back at the dealer again for CEL, and a nasty rattle that it developed since being at the dealer.

We really love this 4Xe. We are concerned the history will affect resale value.
Good morning, Rubi4xe and Flieger.

If either of you need an extra layer of support while at the dealer, we are here to help. Please separately private message our team to get started.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
28 Posts
@john adams No idea but probably. Jeep has sold about 25k units which would mean ~250 failures at 1%. Assuming most with issues post on this board, they are most likely well above 99%, but I’m not sure where you got this number from. Is this an industry standard of some sort or your opinion. I would think the standard would be higher than 99% to be honest. My company produces software for the auto industry and our clients hold us to 99.5% - 99.9%.
I said "99+%" and yes I agree. Even a brand with high reliability like Lexus (dull vehicles IMO but no questioning their reliability and service reputation) isn't 100%.

Really there should not be many issues given the minimal miles people should have on their 4XEs so far and those issues should not be of the sort that leave as many people stranded as post here. I agree with what someone else said: The FB group has fewer negative reports. I don't know why that is. My concerns are the types of reports + the service delays. I can live with (but be annoyed by) me driving my vehicle to the dealer for a random CEL. But I expect it to be cleared quickly and me going out the door with a loaner for the duration of the repair. My dealer says they'll give me a loaner "if available." "If available" isn't the reassurance I'm looking for. Anyways, thank you for the comments. Still weighing the stuff I see here vs. how much we like the vehicle otherwise.

·
Registered
550 Posts
@john adams I don't disagree that the service delays are problematic and I have told many people to escalate to the FCA/Stellantis executive team, hire an attorney or file a lemon law. I would not be waiting mos to get my vehicle back if I was impacted like some of the others. With that said, the auto supply chain has been decimated by COVID and is likely a contributing factor here.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Agreed, I'm not going to pretend that these issues don't make me wonder if my day is coming BUT the volume is a small % of the total.
Its not if... but when. I am hoping all the RRT's will address most of the issues. But they should be doing a recall for the updates vs a RRT. Before someone gets killed

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a check engine light in my 2 day old 4xe sahara 100 miles in. It is at the dealer right now and I am back with a loaner. Hoping to hear more from them. Seeing posts few months old that said it takes days for them to figure out. Is this still true?
What a great vehicle to drive. I traded in my 1 year old 2016 used 4runner to get this since I was having too many issues. A little disheartening to have an issue right away but I hope I am back in it really soon to continue enjoying it!

·
Registered
21 Posts
@WrekEE i don’t agree. I bet the vast majority of people will not experience some of the larger issues that others have posted.
I think the 5 RRT's addressing all the issues with the hybrid system answers your post. But not here to argue either way.. hope these RRT's fix the issues. And i think Jeep has alot riding on the line to get these fixed ASAP before Grand Cherokee's come out.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I’m not here to argue either but my truck doesn’t need any of those updates, they are VIN specific.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got mine in late Aug, pretty recent build. When my jeep was at the dealership, service didn't know about the RRT's. System check with my VIN didn't say there were any updates available. I had to push the dealership and tech to contact Jeep and open up a STAR service request. Thats whey Jeep told them to do the RRT's.

101 - 120 of 129 Posts