Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
I just got a check engine light in my 2 day old 4xe sahara 100 miles in. It is at the dealer right now and I am back with a loaner. Hoping to hear more from them. Seeing posts few months old that said it takes days for them to figure out. Is this still true?
What a great vehicle to drive. I traded in my 1 year old 2016 used 4runner to get this since I was having too many issues. A little disheartening to have an issue right away but I hope I am back in it really soon to continue enjoying it!
If you need assistance while at the dealer, please feel free to send us a private message!

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this happen to me as a few days ago on my less than a month old 4xe Rubicon. I called the service center, and they gave me an appointment for next week. Then I ran into:

I had filled gas that same day when this happened. I did check the fuel tank cap, and while seemed closed, it opened it and made sure I closed it correctly. The check engine light stayed on for a few more hours and then went off. It has stayed off since then. Keeping fingers crossed!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had this happen to me as a few days ago on my less than a month old 4xe Rubicon. I called the service center, and they gave me an appointment for next week. Then I ran into:

I had filled gas that same day when this happened. I did check the fuel tank cap, and while seemed closed, it opened it and made sure I closed it correctly. The check engine light stayed on for a few more hours and then went off. It has stayed off since then. Keeping fingers crossed!
This is something that should be gone over on delivery with every customer as it can save all parties involved needless aggravation due to the unique design of fuel cap. 1st and foremost it saves the customer a needless trip to dealership and it saves a warranty claim /brand image blemish. My first job out of high school was car sales (3yrs). Our dealership required full walk arounds with every customer. We had to fully explain all features, show new owners how to check their oil and top off common fluids like washer fluid. I’ve seen people at a gas station that have no idea how to open their hood. Yes,us gear heads may feel this may be a waste of time BUT not everyone has the same life experiences, knowledge, or passion. When I bought my Cherokee it was here’s your keys any questions??

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
592 Posts
I don’t care how “difficult” it may be to seat the gas cap, it’s not, if a person can’t do this, they should not be operating a motor vehicle. Same with making sure the tether is not pinched in.
SLOW DOWN and make sure! You can feel it being wrong as it happens. I’ve felt it before. I stopped, held it out of the way with my other hand and secured the cap correctly.
Pretty basic stuff.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I don’t care how “difficult” it may be to seat the gas cap, it’s not, if a person can’t do this, they should not be operating a motor vehicle. Same with making sure the tether is not pinched in.
SLOW DOWN and make sure! You can feel it being wrong as it happens. I’ve felt it before. I stopped, held it out of the way with my other hand and secured the cap correctly.
Pretty basic stuff.
It honestly isn’t hard. I’m not really sure why people have any problems with it

·
Registered
246 Posts
Feel free to send us a message as well, Icecobra.

Kate
Jeep Cares

121 - 129 of 129 Posts