Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love this Jeep, but I'm not all that confident in it. After one week, I headed out on a camping trip. With 300 miles on it, and going 75 on a freeway, and 100 miles from home, the dash lit up with a check engine light, flashing "service shifter" alert and a loud dinging. I hit one of the assist call button on the overhead and talked to a nice guy that told me to "pull over, put it in park, turn it off, lock, unlock, turn back on... and if the alert is gone you are good to go. And if the check engine light is still on, its probably because you didnt tighten the gas cap after refueling." Just like he said, the alert went away but the engine light is still on. So I continued my trip. Since, I called the dealership and they cant give me a service appt for 2 weeks. I called Jeep Cares and they really had no info, suggested following up with service when I could get in, "drive it only if you feel safe," and that they would escalate my case and someone should call back in a couple days. I am so stinkin excited to have this vehicle, but I feel slightly nervous about it - kinda a bummer.

·
Registered
2021 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
33 Posts
Your nervousness sounds justifiable, since you've already gotten a CEL so soon and the best your dealer can do is get you in is 2 week out. Most of us have both money and emotional investment in these amazing rides, so I feel ya! I catch myself thinking "it's just a matter of time before I get my CEL". That's not healthy I'd admit, but I like to plan ahead and I'm not certain my 4xe is 100% reliable at this point either. That being said, I knew all of this before I bought it (being new, innovative and not fully proven) and to be totally honest I'd still make the purchase! Anyway, I hope your troubles are brief and you keep that excitement, I'm with ya!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I love this Jeep, but I'm not all that confident in it. After one week, I headed out on a camping trip. With 300 miles on it, and going 75 on a freeway, and 100 miles from home, the dash lit up with a check engine light, flashing "service shifter" alert and a loud dinging. I hit one of the assist call button on the overhead and talked to a nice guy that told me to "pull over, put it in park, turn it off, lock, unlock, turn back on... and if the alert is gone you are good to go. And if the check engine light is still on, its probably because you didnt tighten the gas cap after refueling." Just like he said, the alert went away but the engine light is still on. So I continued my trip. Since, I called the dealership and they cant give me a service appt for 2 weeks. I called Jeep Cares and they really had no info, suggested following up with service when I could get in, "drive it only if you feel safe," and that they would escalate my case and someone should call back in a couple days. I am so stinkin excited to have this vehicle, but I feel slightly nervous about it - kinda a bummer.
Sorry to hear of this so soon in your ownership, CocoHarm. Once you are able to get into the dealer, let us know. We can certainly get a case manager assigned to you while you're there.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to hear of this so soon in your ownership, CocoHarm. Once you are able to get into the dealer, let us know. We can certainly get a case manager assigned to you while you're there.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Your nervousness sounds justifiable, since you've already gotten a CEL so soon and the best your dealer can do is get you in is 2 week out. Most of us have both money and emotional investment in these amazing rides, so I feel ya! I catch myself thinking "it's just a matter of time before I get my CEL". That's not healthy I'd admit, but I like to plan ahead and I'm not certain my 4xe is 100% reliable at this point either. That being said, I knew all of this before I bought it (being new, innovative and not fully proven) and to be totally honest I'd still make the purchase! Anyway, I hope your troubles are brief and you keep that excitement, I'm with ya!

Hi there- wanted to share my experience after a week in to driving my 4xe, which could possibly be similar to your issue. Days after I took the car off the lot, the CEL came on, and I noticed that the battery wouldn't hold a charge.
After taking it in to service (in which Chrysler headquarters got involved), they discovered that it had to do with the fuel cap. When they made the fuel cap in production for all the 4xe's, they made the tether too long, and it gets caught and prevents the cap from locking securely. This then signals to the car that something isnt right. Service dept shortened and tightened the tether but told me I need to be aware when I close the cap. There is going to be a recall for this issue one they produce the correct part and replace it on all vehicles that are affected.
Not sure if this helps you at all but new info to me!

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
524 Posts
After I filled up with gas yesterday that tether got caught in my first attempt at putting the fuel cap back on. That thing is a PITA. Easy detected if you’re paying attention though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts