Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello good people,

I was winching two trees into place on the trail and noticed my check engine light came on at some point during this process. Not sure why this happened, but I may have been in all electric mode or hybrid or maybe both during this time. I wasn't really paying attention to this detail, but if anyone has had this problem or any thoughts on what could have caused it let me know. The check engine light eventually went off that same day.

·
Registered
610 Posts
It's probably nothing serious. Jeeps tend to signal the engine light for any little thing.

Getting scanned should be easy if a dealer is nearby. I'm not sure if all service departments do it now but the service reps can do quick scans without appointments.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Guess i saw your Video..pretty COOL. Maybe next time you move the 4xe into park..hit the throttle ..ice will kick on and power your 12 volt bat. better if you use the winch. btw..nice work !!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
@Kenji
The 4xe doesn't have an alternator so I don't believe running the engine will provide any assistance for the winch load. My understanding is the 12v battery is charged from the HVDC to LVDC converter. Someone please correct me if this is wrong.

@clouder
Keep us posted if you have the dealer scan the vehicle. Probably still in the vehicle history and they may be able to tell you what it was. Suspecting a temporary low voltage condition as Grimmjpr mentioned. Was it an easy pull, or did it seem to stress the winch pretty heavily?
Very interested in what set the MIL and also what conditions cleared it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Kenji
The 4xe doesn't have an alternator so I don't believe running the engine will provide any assistance for the winch load. My understanding is the 12v battery is charged from the HVDC to LVDC converter. Someone please correct me if this is wrong.

@clouder
Keep us posted if you have the dealer scan the vehicle. Probably still in the vehicle history and they may be able to tell you what it was. Suspecting a temporary low voltage condition as Grimmjpr mentioned. Was it an easy pull, or did it seem to stress the winch pretty heavily?
@Kenji

@clouder
Two big trees fairly heavy but I will have them look into it next time I take my Jeep in for service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts