Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone,

First off I want to state that I love my 4xe but I am looking to get some insight from anyone who knows more about these vehicles than I or have experienced the same thing.

My 4xe has been at the dealer since Aug 12th with a check engine light. After a while Jeep engineers determined that the issue was a failed power inverter and would require a full replacement. So my question is how vital is the power inverter to the hybrid system? I am just worried that this may be a larger repair than it appears and could cause issues down the road and/or significantly tank my residual value.

Any insight is welcomed.

·
Registered
480 Posts
While I can’t predict the impact on your resale value, if you search this board you will see a number of other people that also had this part replaced. Fortunately, it seems like jeep has figured out that this is the cause of many of their issues but, unfortunately, supply of the replacement part has been slow and some people have been without their vehicle for weeks or months. Good luck and hope you get your vehicle back soon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts