Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night my check engine, service ABS and service 4WD lights all came on. The battery regen button went off and would not come back on, got home plugged it in then received a charging failure notification on my Uconnect app. After finding this site, we checked and seated the relays and fuses however the battery still will not charge. The local dealership cannot get it in until Monday….is it safe to drive until then and is there a way to have it run solely on gasoline? Also is the dealership giving anyone loaners to use while Jeep addresses and fixes the issue?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Chelsey,

My experience/opinions only:

1) it is not safe to drive. My 4xe shutdown once but was able to restart. The second time it suddenly broke down while on a multiple lane interstate and left us stranded. Others report the same. I believe it is incredibly dangerous and that it is only a matter of time before someone is seriously injured or killed in it when it shuts down at highway speeds.

2) no loaner for me. It has been at the dealer since July 31 when it was towed there after breaking down on the interstate. We have received terrible service. Jeep Wave has been no help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chelsey,

1) it is not safe to drive. My 4xe shutdown once but was able to restart. The second time it suddenly broke down while on a multiple lane interstate and left us stranded. Others report the same. I believe it is incredibly dangerous and that it is only a matter of time before someone is seriously injured or killed in it when it shuts down at highway speeds.

2) no loaner for me. It has been at the dealer since July 31 when it was towed there after breaking down on the interstate. We have received terrible service. Jeep Wave has been no help.
that’s exactly what I’m afraid of, breaking down on the highway, hopefully they have a resolution for this soon!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine was doing everything you guys have been having and turned on a little red turtle on dash i was dead in water. Was in the dealer for 32 days to tell me theres no issue with it. Also mine wont pass 96mph anyone else have this issue

·
Registered
201 Posts
Mine was doing everything you guys have been having and turned on a little red turtle on dash i was dead in water. Was in the dealer for 32 days to tell me theres no issue with it. Also mine wont pass 96mph anyone else have this issue
We would like to dig into this further with you, 9154xE. Send our team a private message to get started.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
15 Posts
Chelsey,

Have you contacted Jeep Customer Care? They will be your best chance to get the dealer's act together. Ensure that dealer has case open with Stellantis for the issue.

There's too many cases of dealers getting these 4xes and doing absolutely nothing because they have no motivation or knowledge to fix them quickly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Last night my check engine, service ABS and service 4WD lights all came on. The battery regen button went off and would not come back on, got home plugged it in then received a charging failure notification on my Uconnect app. After finding this site, we checked and seated the relays and fuses however the battery still will not charge. The local dealership cannot get it in until Monday….is it safe to drive until then and is there a way to have it run solely on gasoline? Also is the dealership giving anyone loaners to use while Jeep addresses and fixes the issue?
We are having same issues. Our Jeep now has 5000 miles and has been back to the dealer about 5-6 times for same issue. They blame it on our home charger which is a ChargePoint Level 2 charger. I know better....this is not the issue. We also have a clicking popping type noise from left front wheel which sounds like a loose axle. It's worse on slow turns. They say this is also normal. I explained the clicking we ae hearing is NOT a relay type click, but refuse to consider its anything other than normal. I do not recommend this Jeep to anyone looking. I think we will need to take legal action under the lemon law.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The clicking is probably a bad bearing assembly. It was on here somewhere in a few posts. And...it's what caused my clicking.

Some of these service people...are just awful. I had to tell my local dealer what to check. (They told me my roof panels weren't locked in, then gave me the 'you're just a girl that doesn't know about cars' look. F that guy) My plan for my next issue is to go to a Jeep dealer where I didn’t buy it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts