Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm loving the car now it's arrived but now it's here it's time to choose a wall box and I have two questions:

1 - what is the maximum charging power for the 4xe, is it worth getting a 3 phase 22kw box or will recharging be limited by the car?

2 - other than different power ratings and single or three phase, is there much difference between the different manufacturers of wall boxes, or is it just a matter of choosing the best deal?

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
225 Posts
Not too familiar with power outside of the United States, but the difference in most of the EVSEs is the features, internet/Bluetooth connections or just a stand alone box only. The Jeep max charge rate is 32 amps, which is roughly 7.7 kws I think.
Hope that helps a little.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not too familiar with power outside of the United States, but the difference in most of the EVSEs is the features, internet/Bluetooth connections or just a stand alone box only. The Jeep max charge rate is 32 amps, which is roughly 7.7 kws I think.
Hope that helps a little.
Thanks, that's helpful...so no point looking at the 22kw three phase boxes then...shame...

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm not an electrician and I'm not familiar with overseas power set ups but I don't believe you need 3 phase, here in the United States standard AC power is 120 volts, 15 to 20 amp breaker usually. My level 2 charger is 240 volts, on a 40 amp 2 pole breaker breaker supplying 240 volts at 32 amps. I think most of the rest of the world has 240 volt power standard....so in my best guess you would just need a 40 amp breaker and proper size wire to supply the 32 amps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.