Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just took my Jeep into the shop for software updates and have the clicking noise that many have mentioned looked at. It also has a little front end movement/slide under braking. I just found out today that my axle shaft is out of balance and parts should be here early next week.
Fingers crossed all goes smooth.

How does this even happen?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just took my Jeep into the shop for software updates and have the clicking noise that many have mentioned looked at. It also has a little front end movement/slide under braking. I just found out today that my axle shaft is out of balance and parts should be here early next week.

I’ve noticed clicking in recent days also…I’ll be taking it in…keep ya posted on the issue!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I brought mine in for what sounds like the same clicking on Thursday. They had a recall and some other odds and ends, but it should be ready today. I will report what the solution to my clicking was. IM betting balljoints

·
Registered
201 Posts

Please keep us updated on your repairs, Boom 1st Jeep. If you need any extra support while at the dealer, we are in private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yup ball joints. We purchased 3 Jeep 4xe's. Every single one of them had lower ball joints loose.
Constant popping and clicking noise from front end. All repair orders state incorrect torque spec found on lower ball joints. Loose.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yup ball joints. We purchased 3 Jeep 4xe's. Every single one of them had lower ball joints loose.
Constant popping and clicking noise from front end. All repair orders state incorrect torque spec found on lower ball joints. Loose.
interesting, we took outs in and mentioned the popping sound while they were updating the software. They were able to reproduce it an performed the following:

Font Paper Terrestrial plant Document Paper product

As it states the sound is mostly gone now, can still get a slight click if I fully rotate the tire back and forth and apply a bit of thrust. Wonder if I need to take it back again and explicitly have them check ball joint torque?

·
Registered
| 2012 JKU Sahara | 2021 4xe Sahara |
70 Posts
interesting, we took outs in and mentioned the popping sound while they were updating the software. They were able to reproduce it an performed the following:

View attachment 2041

As it states the sound is mostly gone now, can still get a slight click if I fully rotate the tire back and forth and apply a bit of thrust. Wonder if I need to take it back again and explicitly have them check ball joint torque?
When I was scheduling mine in for the clicking, I was told there were another 2 Jeep’s in at the time for same issue.

Font Material property Monochrome Circle Number

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was able to my my Jeep up this week. The final report says that they replaced the left front axle. It was apparently milled incorrectly from the factory. They checked all bolts as well.
the front seems to feel much tighter now and zero clicking sounds have happened since I got it back.
They also did 6 software updates…one of which has fixed the max regen button to remember it’s last setting once the Jeep is turned off!! This is so nice and I had to double check to make sure I was not seeing things wrong.
The dealer was great to work with on every step of the repair process!
Back to Jeep’n again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts