Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I saw some other older posts on this, but thought I would share my experience.
While making slow speed turns (left or right), I’d hear a clicking noise coming from underneath the jeep. Took it to the dealer today and asked them to address and check the ball joint nuts as that seems to the common issue.
Oddly, they heard the sound, said the ball joint nuts were secure and diagnosed it as a bad differential. Apparently I am the second one they’ve come across like this.

Has anyone came acRoss this?

They are replacing with no issues under warranty.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine had the castle nuts on the ball joints loose and that was repaired. It is clicking again. Went wheeling today and did insure the nuts were tight. Who knows. Will go back to the dealer once I get the mud off of the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the Rubicon model. They replaced the entire rear axle and assembly for me. So far it's working well (still less than 1000 miles total). Parts took some time to order due to unavoidable supply chain issues.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I just posted about this on the JL forum. It comes from up front to the side I'm turning to. It's also a double click and does not happen when straightening out.

I'm not sure if it's a problem or normal and dealers are looking for extra work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Having the same issue. I thought it had something to do with the electronics or Max regen braking. Have an appointment next week to have it looked at.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Following up, I took mine in and all ball joint nuts were loose. I suspect it's a break in thing.

The steering wheel also becomes tighter after getting the bolts torqued up.

I've been beating it up in the mountains since and have almost doubled my miles. No clicking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts