Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I know it has been mentioned on the forum the 4xe needing to be plugged in when it is -22 degrees or colder. I searched through the owners manual and was not able to find that referencing the 4xe. I did find the section for Extreme Cold Weather that a block heater should be plugged in but that seems to relate for the normal gas engine. Does anyone have the reference for the 4xe needing to be plugged in to start?

·
Registered
887 Posts
I know it has been mentioned on the forum the 4xe needing to be plugged in when it is -22 degrees or colder. I searched through the owners manual and was not able to find that referencing the 4xe. I did find the section for Extreme Cold Weather that a block heater should be plugged in but that seems to relate for the normal gas engine. Does anyone have the reference for the 4xe needing to be plugged in to start?
Font Number Document Symmetry Publication

Page 7 of the 4xe supplement manual

·
Registered
120 Posts
Are there mods? Could there be a "no politics" rule?
There actually is already, but arguably, climate change is not a political issue. You're right that it's a strong predictor of... "other things" but not necessarily. For example, I had wrongly assumed there wouldn't be many science deniers among 4xE buyers.

We are all lemmings
Indeed we are. Garbage in, garbage out. Social media has just accelerated it and provided everybody with personalized, highly manipulable, information bubbles.

only viable solutions are green technologies that are better and cheaper than existing non-green technology. If the solution is worse or inconvenient or expensive, it’s not going to work, and we should bother trying.
So, back to talking about Jeeps in earnest, I'm assuming based on the context you meant "we shouldn't bother trying". See. That's where I disagree, and where it has to get at least a little political. R&D ain't cheap and as the 4xE in it's current incarnation demonstrates, there are always bugs in the first iteration of anything. Arguably in some ways it's "worse", but I'm not sure it's not worth trying either since without making mistakes you don't learn and can't progress.

And to that end, because it is more expensive, sometimes some third party has to eat the cost so we all benefit since it's not in any single company's interest to invest in such tech with no clear return in sight. The investors simply won't like it since they'll lose money in the short term and that's all that matters to them. So I'm personally happy that the government is subsidizing these vehicles. Nobody else would and without that, we really can't have nice things.

telling people that we have to address climate change by driving slow, expensive, underperforming cars is a non starter
That was true once but we're past the performance part, at least for acceleration. 0-60 in ~3 seconds is pretty common. The 4xE in hybrid + 4H auto isn't quite at that point, but it's still under 6 seconds making freeway on-ramps a highlight of driving one. If Jeep went full electric that only gets better. Range becomes a problem but other companies have mostly solved it. Stellantis will eventually as well. I do worry about FORM and the resale value of the 4xE which is part of why I am pushing so hard to have this addressed.

101 - 107 of 107 Posts