Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I have seen many complaints regarding the 4XE, I did a little search on NHTSA and compare the 4XE numbers with other new 2021 PHEVs and EVs in the market.

4XE has 68 complaints. Among them, 23 are related to electrical systems (sudden power loss while driving).
Rav4 Prime has 7 complaints. None of them is related to electrical systems.
Ford Mach e AWD has 0 complaints.
2020 Tesla Model Y has 46 complaints and 5 are related to the electrical system.

It is possible that 4XE is the best-selling PHEV, so it has the most complaints due to volume. But Model Y outsells 4XE and Tesla is not known as a high-quality automaker.

Clearly, this number of complaints for a >$50k vehicle is unacceptable. Mine has been problem-free so far at 1500 miles. But I am afraid that the power loss might happen at any time from now.

Jeep, please come up with a recall to fix the problem!

Link to check all the complaints:

·
Registered
610 Posts
The power loss issue seems to happen with traditional Wranglers too, although not to the same degree it does with the 4xe. Judging from all I've read on new Wranglers (4xe and traditional) it seems like new owners are lucky if they make it off the dealer lot given manufacturing issues. Although, I just read through the J.D. Power Initial Quality Report and Jeep seems to rank high. But mention was the FCA plant in Mexico.

I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually see some software updates. I'm convinced my power loss was a software bug.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I don't want to diminish those 68 complaints because I can only imagine how annoying some of the issues have been for people. But, I read somewhere that speculation is that Jeep has sold 12,000 Wrangler 4XEs. That seems like a small percentage if that's the case. The length of time that some of these Jeeps have been at the garages is hard to take too. Very frustrating for owners with issues.

·
Registered
188 Posts
As I have seen many complaints regarding the 4XE, I did a little search on NHTSA and compare the 4XE numbers with other new 2021 PHEVs and EVs in the market.

4XE has 68 complaints. Among them, 23 are related to electrical systems (sudden power loss while driving).
Rav4 Prime has 7 complaints. None of them is related to electrical systems.
Ford Mach e AWD has 0 complaints.
2020 Tesla Model Y has 46 complaints and 5 are related to the electrical system.

It is possible that 4XE is the best-selling PHEV, so it has the most complaints due to volume. But Model Y outsells 4XE and Tesla is not known as a high-quality automaker.

Clearly, this number of complaints for a >$50k vehicle is unacceptable. Mine has been problem-free so far at 1500 miles. But I am afraid that the power loss might happen at any time from now.

Jeep, please come up with a recall to fix the problem!

Link to check all the complaints:
Pretty cool info.
While there may be no complaints files for the Mach-E.....there have been several owners complaining about Service Soon Please Stop Now messages followed by the vehicle shutting down. I guess they are just posting on the forum and not going to the NHTSA?

·
Registered
| 2012 JKU Sahara | 2021 4xe Sahara |
70 Posts
The first 5 pages from that link range from October 2020 to March 2021 complaints all of which are not 4xe. The NHTSA search feature is inaccurately including non PHEV and just listing all 2021 model year wranglers. A great many backup camera complaints are listed under electrical system issues. There definitely are many of the same or similar issues to complain about for every model year wranglers in the recent decade. Maybe it’s time to move the manufacturing to another country with all new hires. Lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts