Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few notes after 650 miles of 4xe-ing.

1. Hybrid surprise. The vehicle does much better than I expected in Hybrid mode. I drove 165 miles on Friday, starting with a full charge. Did some full electric off-roading, went over 2 mountain passes and at the end of the day I had driven 99 on the engine and 70 on electric. Yes, this included coming down from the mountains, but still - cool.

2. Climate system. So. Much. Better. than my 2016.

3. Silent 4x. What an experience with the Sky roof - running pretty much silent. This is awesome.

4. Driving modes. Being able to choose Hybrid, Electric, or eSave, and within eSave two modes is great. Just nice to have this level of 'control' even though yes, they are not that different (Hybrid prefers electric on a full charge, etc), but still - compared to other plug-in hybrids I've had this is great.

5. Great, simple interface on the screens in the vehicle. Things like the % indicator for the remaining charge always being visible, and a number. Love this.

Things I'd love to see and/or like 'less' -

1. The passenger alert noise is too loud. It's a much better sound implementation than some other manufacturers, but it is too loud for people inside the vehicle.

2. Mileage/effeciency info. I'd like to know 'how' the vehicle is calculating MPG - is the 28.7 I'm seeing on the dash just for the time with the engine on? How much electricity was used on that trip? (my BMW i3 does an amazing job at this).

3. The riser in the back with the seats down is pretty, well, large. Also, with the seat bottoms forward, even if you build something to level out the back, you lose a few inches to that. I can't help but think it is unavoidable, and yet, could be managed differently. A quick release removal of those rear seats would be nice, to get a truly flat space.

I applaud Jeep for making this vehicle.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I agree. Near silent driving on the trails with the power top opened is great. Then a touch of a button when it gets dusty or when the side-by-sides go driving by to close up.

What is the passenger alert sound? Do you have a video by chance?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree. Near silent driving on the trails with the power top opened is great. Then a touch of a button when it gets dusty or when the side-by-sides go driving by to close up.

What is the passenger alert sound? Do you have a video by chance?
I don't have a video, but will try to get one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts