Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was wondering if you had any updates on your Jeep. Still seem ok?

I leased my 4xe back in March. A month later (1600 miles) CEL for the bypass control valve. Fixed after 2 weeks at the shop and ran great until 2 days ago. CEL at 6800 miles, brought it in for that and service, and yup bypass control valve again. Kind of annoying really.

And not sure if anyone has similar symptoms, but my heat during electric mode is just awful. It comes out barely warm and it's going to suck during the winter in upstate NY.
So far so good, with the CEL not coming back on again. I'll have to check my heat now, when I'm in electric mode and see how that is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if it's risky to drive with this issue? I just got the check engine light the other day. Checked it with an OBD2 scanner (handy to have if you own a 4xe I've learned!) Error code POE80. I have a call into my dealer but hoping to drive it on a trip this weekend.

Communication Device Gadget Font Material property Motor vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know if it's risky to drive with this issue? I just got the check engine light the other day. Checked it with an OBD2 scanner (handy to have if you own a 4xe I've learned!) Error code POE80. I have a call into my dealer but hoping to drive it on a trip this weekend.

View attachment 8017
Looks like you never got a reply?

Ours just went off as well (check engine light; P0E80 Coolant Bypass Valve "B" Control Closed"). My code reader couldn't get it, but AutoZone was able to read the code for my wife. Dealer won't look at it until 11/23/2022, so I was also wondering if it requires more prompt attention. So far, it's not causing any issues. Our engine almost never runs (my wife drives < 25 miles most days); she noticed that the engine coolant temperature was not reading once the check engine light appeared as well.

Makes me wonder if onset of winter had something to do with it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks like you never got a reply?

Ours just went off as well (check engine light; P0E80 Coolant Bypass Valve "B" Control Closed"). My code reader couldn't get it, but AutoZone was able to read the code for my wife. Dealer won't look at it until 11/23/2022, so I was also wondering if it requires more prompt attention. So far, it's not causing any issues. Our engine almost never runs (my wife drives < 25 miles most days); she noticed that the engine coolant temperature was not reading once the check engine light appeared as well.

Makes me wonder if onset of winter had something to do with it?
OK - took Jeep to local dealership today, but code had already reset itself. Interestingly, they did confirm that there is no Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) out there for the P0E80 code.
Also, interestingly, for the first time the other day Sparky, our 4xe, would not allow us to run in all electric mode. That also reset itself. I had read early on, probably on this board, that some 4xe owners in northern climates were annoyed about limitations on all electric use in cold weather. We'll see.

Overall, VERY happy with our purchase. Hopefully not too many phantom codes to sap our peace of mind ...

21 - 24 of 24 Posts