Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Wrangler JK 2011
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find out if you can pre-cool or pre-heat the 4xe while it is plugged in so you dont use gas or charge before driving off. This would save gas or charge and makes it convenient to drive off.

·
Registered
Wrangler JK 2011
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It says that the AC is electric, not sure how heat is done, whether its a heat pump or runs off the engine.
Thanks. Maybe someone knows. It is not easy to find information on those aspects.

·
Registered
217 Posts
This might help.

The battery pack is fitted with a dedicated heating and cooling circuit to maintain optimum temperatures. The system uses an integrated dual charging module that combines the battery charger and DC/DC converter in a steel structure below the battery. Jeep says the Wrangler 4xe can fully replenish its battery in 2 hours on a Level 2 charger, or in 2.5 hours at 45-55 mph using the battery charge mode, which uses the engine to recharge the battery. (Ed note: Which is much less efficient but could be handy traveling from trailhead to trailhead for all EV crawling.)

·
Registered
Wrangler JK 2011
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This might help.

The battery pack is fitted with a dedicated heating and cooling circuit to maintain optimum temperatures. The system uses an integrated dual charging module that combines the battery charger and DC/DC converter in a steel structure below the battery. Jeep says the Wrangler 4xe can fully replenish its battery in 2 hours on a Level 2 charger, or in 2.5 hours at 45-55 mph using the battery charge mode, which uses the engine to recharge the battery. (Ed note: Which is much less efficient but could be handy traveling from trailhead to trailhead for all EV crawling.)

Hi thanks. That is good info. I was actually trying to determine something different. Can the cabin of the 4xe be pre-cooled or pre-heated without starting the engine and while charging. So that you can step in cooled car in the mornings. Or warm spending where you live. It seems that cooling is electric, but not sure if it has an electric heater that can be used for cabin heating.

·
Registered
Wrangler JK 2011
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There are some other threads on this topic, it is my understanding that the 4xe for sure has electric AC (so not running off the gas engine) and some people indicated the same is true for heating the cabin. So this means you should be able to preheat or precool the 4xe while plugged in.

·
Registered
Wrangler JK 2011
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you are interested, there is a very active 4xe Facebook group you can join it is called “Jeep Wrangler 4xe Fans”. It is a private group, so just ask to be added.

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you are interested, there is a very active 4xe Facebook group you can join it is called “Jeep Wrangler 4xe Fans”. It is a private group, so just ask to be added.
All are welcome. We only took it private because we were getting slammed with spam.

·
Registered
164 Posts
There are some other threads on this topic, it is my understanding that the 4xe for sure has electric AC (so not running off the gas engine) and some people indicated the same is true for heating the cabin. So this means you should be able to preheat or precool the 4xe while plugged in.
Yes and yes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If I'm reading this right, this should mean that I could theoretically have it plugged in with the AC running for as long as it has and continues to charge. Has anyone tried this yet?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts