Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there 4XE’ers!

I was just wondering if anyone charges there Jeep using Level 1 on a regular basis at their home? I’m trying to understand how much it costs on average say per month to charge it overnight. I share a home with several people and we split the bills. Trying to see how much more I can expect to chip in should I start utilizing Level 1 home charging. I’ve only ever done Level 2 at an Edison Station near my house. I’d appreciate the insight from the community. Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
To my understanding the electric only portion of the battery is 15 kwh so 15 kwh x the rate of your electric service x how many days in the month you'll charge will give you a ballpark.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I did some math one day, that could be wildly wrong, but I nailed it down to about $2.87 to charge from empty to full. It was more expensive than I thought but still cheaper then a gallon of premium to get a relatively similar amount of miles.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I did some math one day, that could be wildly wrong, but I nailed it down to about $2.87 to charge from empty to full. It was more expensive than I thought but still cheaper then a gallon of premium to get a relatively similar amount of miles.
That roughly what I just calculated with my National Grid rate of an average of .15 per KWH

·
Registered
21 Posts
All I use at home is the L1 - my rate is .11 and I average 14.5KW per charge = 1.595 per charge or as I see it about 1/2 the price of gas for now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey there 4XE’ers!

I was just wondering if anyone charges there Jeep using Level 1 on a regular basis at their home? I’m trying to understand how much it costs on average say per month to charge it overnight. I share a home with several people and we split the bills. Trying to see how much more I can expect to chip in should I start utilizing Level 1 home charging. I’ve only ever done Level 2 at an Edison Station near my house. I’d appreciate the insight from the community. Thanks!
I use this:

It allows you to input your current KWH rate so it does the math for you, the only drawback is it doesn't have a backlight.

My electric use averages out to equal about $2.00/gal if it was based on gasoline usage.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm in NW FL where it's 11 cents a kWh. Assuming there's some reserve left in the battery and factoring kWh plus taxes and fees, it's almost exactly $2 to charge up overnight.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Electricity is pretty cheap here in Oregon at 6 cents kW/hr. Gas is pricey here but the math suggests electric is about 1/5 that of gas. So it's a good deal.

·
Registered
590 Posts
My electric bill is roughly $70 to $80 more per month. If you get a smart evse it can track actual usage.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
511 Posts
That’s a lot, but you probably drive much more than me. So maybe you’ve saved a ton on gas. My bill is $30 more a month. Ave 1 charge every other day perhaps. I don’t work so that helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts