Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 4xe is my fifth plug in hybrid. All previous PHEVs came with a charger that included an attached cap to put over the nozzle when not in use. That always seemed smart to me, to prevent water from getting in if you drove away with the charger still plugged in outside, or to prevent damage. My 4xe J1772 charger did not come with any kind of cover or cap. Was it just me, or is everyone's like that? FWIW, I figured I could go on Amazon and buy a cover or cap, but the only thing I see there is more like a holster for attaching to the wall, vs something portable.

·
Registered
124 Posts
My Grizzl-e came with a holster type of attachment that you mount near the charger, in my case, on a post underneath the charger box. When the cable is not in use, I wind the cable a few turns and place those on top of the houser, the nozzle at the end of the cable locks into the holder…the nozzle end is covered by the holster so that rain would not get into it. That said, the nozzle also has a rubber type cap that can be placed over the nozzle when the holster is not being used.

·
Registered
124 Posts
My Grizzl-e came with a holster type of attachment that you mount near the charger, in my case, on a post underneath the charger box. When the cable is not in use, I wind the cable a few turns and place those on top of the houser, the nozzle at the end of the cable locks into the holder…the nozzle end is covered by the holster so that rain would not get into it. That said, the nozzle also has a rubber type cap that can be placed over the nozzle when the holster is not being used.
Auto correct sucks. Houser = holster, Holder= holster

·
Registered
901 Posts
My charger has a holster, but I ran a few hooks along the garage ceiling so that it drops from above at the right position.

I've thought about getting a remote holster, but that would also double the number of cycles the handle's latch would have.

Which leave a cover as the best option in my case, but it's inside my garage already.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I brought a different level 2 charger that came with a slip on rubber cap, which I used to use and then I just hung the charger over a hook outside.

I actually had 2 like this, one at work and one at home.

I quickly learnt not to do this. With the connector hanging over a hook the cap actually filled up with water when it rained.

Fortunately nothing bad happened but I found it better to just leave the connector uncapped.

I then brought a holster off of Amazon the I could mount to a wall and it allows you to clip the connector in and it’s angled so that rain will not pool up inside of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.