Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it happened. Only 1000 miles in one month and something hit the us on the freeway and cracked my Snazzy baby's windshield 馃様

Have some major road trips coming up over the next two weeks. Is it best to wait for the OEM glass or is it ok to just go with whatever aftermarket one is available? Crack is about 8 inches long, is it safe to drive like that? My first Wrangler and also my first cracked windshield 馃槄 There is a glass shortage and most repair places are booked out.

Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Just saw Jeep is making Gorilla Glass available as an after market replacement. It鈥檚 what I鈥檓 doing if mine ever goes. I already have some small chips.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no excuse , get it fixed. you don't like glass shatter all over your jeep, your passengers or your self at any speed . maybe Auto Glass Services | Car Windshield Services | Safelite can add some polymere into the car temp.
Oh yeah definitely not gonna drive it for long. I guess I didnt mention that the wait time is about 1 week. I was just wondering if it'll be ok in the short term.

Anyway that doesnt matter now, they can get me in on monday for the OEM glass, so I'm all good!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just saw Jeep is making Gorilla Glass available as an after market replacement. It鈥檚 what I鈥檓 doing if mine ever goes. I already have some small chips.
I saw that too, but its $1000 for the glass and its not covered by insurance

Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I never saw it on the build site, so not available when I ordered. Bummer, I would have gotten it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts