Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Wrangler 4xe
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one had me and the dealership stumped for over a year and after three visits to the service department. When I would pull out in the morning or back into my garage while turning the steering wheel I would hear a creak which was more obvious in the morning and during drier weather (very reproducible). The sound was not apparent during regular driving (when the suspension was engaged) and not when the undercarriage was wet which led me to believe it was somewhere in the steering linkage and not so much in the suspension. I took my jeep into the dealership last month and the service rep informed me of a 'TSB' (Technical Service Bulletin) put out where the tie rods were not torqued to specs and would cause a creaking noise. Well that was the magic bullet. Sound is gone and it only took a year and half and 15k+ miles to figure it out, but it is gone. Hope you all find this useful, happy trails!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Would love to know the TSB number as well. Just started having the same issue. Took it to the dealer 2 weeks ago and they replaced a ball bearing joint thinking that would fix it. Still having this sound though and it’s got louder. Have an appointment scheduled next week.

·
Registered
2021 Wrangler 4xe
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the post, I hear the same creak. Do you happen to know the TSB#
Sorry for the late reply, haven't been by the forum in some time obviously. I don't know the TSB# but this is what it says on my invoice from the dealership "Cause: RSU 21-170 21MY JLJT Front Lower Ball Joint Click" This may help when you go to the dealership but maybe not. Also, the sound is slowly coming back but not as evident as before. At least I have the invoice to show them what fixed it. There is a similar post on the JL Wrangler forum for RRT 21-170 (https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/new-rrt-21-170-lower-ball-joint-nut-torque.84296/) that mentions similar issues. Hope this helps and happy trails!

·
Registered
2021 Wrangler 4xe
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would love to know the TSB number as well. Just started having the same issue. Took it to the dealer 2 weeks ago and they replaced a ball bearing joint thinking that would fix it. Still having this sound though and it’s got louder. Have an appointment scheduled next week.
Hey Socal4xe, see my post to Getlm00 regarding this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts