Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So got my wrangler finally yesterday and just a couple of small things I noticed.
1. Keyless entry doesn't work - Think I may just try to reset with the door. - Update: Simple as just going into the settings and selecting to allow Passive Entry
2. Cruise Control doesn't work
3. Brake light always on but no problem with actual break.

Any suggestions or similar issues with some of these things?

·
Registered
611 Posts
That's a new one. I'd try the always recommended "make sure the fuses are all pushed in" check. Seems to the reason for most odd things on new Wranglers.

The brake light is probably why no cruise control. Might even be related to keyless entry (to prevent someone opening the door while stopped).

·
Registered
264 Posts
So got my wrangler finally yesterday and just a couple of small things I noticed.
1. Keyless entry doesn't work - Think I may just try to reset with the door.
2. Cruise Control doesn't work
3. Brake light always on but no problem with actual break.

Any suggestions or similar issues with some of these things?
Did you turn around and drive it right back to the dealership?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Did you check the fuse box? Press each one and see it it's lose. That seems to be a cause for many other issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have pushed all of them down and also disconnect the battery to rest computer. Still have brake light on. Adaptive cruise control and regenerative braking all works fine. Jeep drives great. Stumped!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have pushed all of them down and also disconnect the battery to rest computer. Still have brake light on. Adaptive cruise control and regenerative braking all works fine. Jeep drives great. Stumped!
Same thing is happening to me im assuming it is a wiring issue that the connection is just bad from the emergency brake. I am having to wait to take it back in because of my schedule but will let y'all know what I find.

·
Registered
5 Posts
About half the fuses were loose. After pushing them all down. The rear view camera guidance lines started working. But the bake light is still on. Dropping it off at the dealership in a couple days, will update after that!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The camera lines coming and going are normal.
About half the fuses were loose. After pushing them all down. The rear view camera guidance lines started working. But the bake light is still on. Dropping it off at the dealership in a couple days, will update after that!
Same I pressed all them down. I've only had the lines not showing up once but haven't had a problem since. I have an appointment with them on Monday next week to. Let me know if they find anything with the brake light. Really does seem to just be an issue with wiring and I say that because I ran my ODBC connector and the computer says no issues at all with no errors.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hello everyone--

Sorry to hear that you're also experiencing concerns with your back-up camera lines. As stated before, our team is always available to offer additional support alongside your dealership visits if you decide to get this properly addressed!

Please do not hesitate to send us a private message with any questions or concerns.

Courtney
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you turn around and drive it right back to the dealership?
That's a new one. I'd try the always recommended "make sure the fuses are all pushed in" check. Seems to the reason for most odd things on new Wranglers.

The brake light is probably why no cruise control. Might even be related to keyless entry (to prevent someone opening the door while stopped).
Dealership checked it out and found that some of the problems were because that feature was disabled assuming for dealership use. They reset the computer and everything seems to work fine now. So that good to know that no mechanical issues just computer and reset to enable those features.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great, thanks fo
Dealership checked it out and found that some of the problems were because that feature was disabled assuming for dealership use. They reset the computer and everything seems to work fine now. So that good to know that no mechanical issues just computer and reset to enable those features.
Great thanks for the update! We ended up not being able to get to our appointment. The brake light only comes on when we are at >1% battery. So we’re just driving it now until an open date comes up.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Seems like the BCM and ABS modules were not coded correctly for your config. That's the first time I've ever heard of that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Seems like the BCM and ABS modules were not coded correctly for your config. That's the first time I've ever heard of that.
Yah they noticed that for some reason there might be come coding wrong with the brake signal that may be limiting the brakes as well so they ended up keeping it another night to test out some things tomorrow. So seems like its a loose wire or poor connection still is what they are thinking as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Took delivery of my 4xE on June 9th. Dealer told me the emergency brake light was on and that it was the ABS module. Said it would be a 5 minute fix at my normal dealer (not 1.5 hours away). Needless to say, It’s now been in service 6+days. Got it back last Friday with no light on but within 6 miles of driving it came back on. So it is back in the shop. Also noticed the no back up camera lines. Hadn’t tried cruise yet to verify if it has issues. Glad to see it’s not just me but, seriously concerned that this seems to be a potential trend…lemons??

1 - 20 of 33 Posts