Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
I am posting this in hopes it helps some people out. A see a lot of dash cam installs where you remove a ton of trim and run a cable into an add-a-fuse. I like my method better and I’ve done it on all my vehicles I have owned. Thought I’d share!

Nice! Mine has the safety package with the sensor housing up there so I was afraid of messing around and knocking something out of calibration.

To add to this, I’ve noticed that my camera’s parking mode lasts for days on my dash cam. I’m not sure if it’s my HD electrical package or if the DC pack is feeding the AC battery but it’s a nice perk.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is great! I also have the Advanced Safety but I assume this will still work. Curious if you think a vampire clip would be sufficient rather that soldering?
It totally should work! That’s more of a permanent solution where mine you pull the pins out to undo. So if you change cameras and have a different connector type you need to adjust for.
I almost pulled out the vampire clips but didn’t have one small enough.

Again I just love this method over running a super long cable through your pillars to an add a fuse. I wanted to share to save everyone time and tearing apart their jeeps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts