Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

New to the forum and am looking to be a first time Jeep owner!

I'm looking to swoop a 4xe (most likely high altitude) and was wondering what people were seeing as far as lease deals are concerned. Also, might be a dumb question, but with the EV tax incentive, does that apply to leases as well? I believe California covers up to the $7500 but wanted to make sure!

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Have you checked out the Jeep section on the Lease Hackr forum yet? Lots of info on there. That's where I found my broker. It's pretty easy to get a $400 or less lease payment on these 4xe's right now.

I will also be leasing my 4xe (almost fully loaded Sahara) and I am a first time Jeep owner as well. I ordered my build through a broker in the southwest on Saturday. My payment will be around $350 (give or take $20 or so). That's with my $1k build deposit applied as a down payment, plus an additional $500-ish down payment to bring my payment to the $350 range. That number also includes the $600 discount from Tread Lightly (need to be a member for at least 30 days in order for it to apply, just FYI for those interested).

Hopefully the money factor and residual doesn't change too much when I take possession, as I'd like to keep my payment around that number since this is just a second, fun vehicle for me and not my primary car. But that's the risk you take when building I guess.

The residual did drop 1% for May. Money factor stayed the same. Chrysler is still waiving the acquisition fee this month. The $7,500 federal tax incentive is in effect through the end of this year (although Chrysler has the right to not pass it along whenever they choose). MSRP went up $1,810 on the 4xe this month as well.

The $7,500 federal tax incentive does benefit you if you're leasing through Chrysler (not sure about the other bank they offer). I believe Chrysler keeps the tax incentive for themselves, but passes along the savings directly to you. So my lease payment includes that $7,500 incentive, which is honestly the only reason I'm even getting a 4xe. I was originally looking at a loaded-up Sport S, but this 4xe lease deal is too good to pass up. It's still a great deal even after the recent MSRP hike.

I was under the impression that California had a $1,500 rebate if you buy the vehicle in CA. Might be worth it to look around at other states in case the discount you get is more beneficial than the CA rebate. I'm not sure how all that works since I'm not from CA.

All of my numbers are based on a three-year lease with 10k miles per year. MSRP $57,305 with ~8.6% off. They had a larger discount with a dealer that was much further away but I went with the closer dealership with the smaller discount.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you checked out the Jeep section on the Lease Hackr forum yet? Lots of info on there. That's where I found my broker. It's pretty easy to get a $400 or less lease payment on these 4xe's right now.

I will also be leasing my 4xe (almost fully loaded Sahara) and I am a first time Jeep owner as well. I ordered my build through a broker in the southwest on Saturday. My payment will be around $350 (give or take $20 or so). That's with my $1k build deposit applied as a down payment, plus an additional $500-ish down payment to bring my payment to the $350 range. That number also includes the $600 discount from Tread Lightly (need to be a member for at least 30 days in order for it to apply, just FYI for those interested).

Hopefully the money factor and residual doesn't change too much when I take possession, as I'd like to keep my payment around that number since this is just a second, fun vehicle for me and not my primary car. But that's the risk you take when building I guess.

The residual did drop 1% for May. Money factor stayed the same. Chrysler is still waiving the acquisition fee this month. The $7,500 federal tax incentive is in effect through the end of this year (although Chrysler has the right to not pass it along whenever they choose). MSRP went up $1,810 on the 4xe this month as well.

The $7,500 federal tax incentive does benefit you if you're leasing through Chrysler (not sure about the other bank they offer). I believe Chrysler keeps the tax incentive for themselves, but passes along the savings directly to you. So my lease payment includes that $7,500 incentive, which is honestly the only reason I'm even getting a 4xe. I was originally looking at a loaded-up Sport S, but this 4xe lease deal is too good to pass up. It's still a great deal even after the recent MSRP hike.

I was under the impression that California had a $1,500 rebate if you buy the vehicle in CA. Might be worth it to look around at other states in case the discount you get is more beneficial than the CA rebate. I'm not sure how all that works since I'm not from CA.

All of my numbers are based on a three-year lease with 10k miles per year. MSRP $57,305 with ~8.6% off. They had a larger discount with a dealer that was much further away but I went with the closer dealership with the smaller discount.
Thank you so much for the information - its gold!

I haven't checked out that forum yet but I absolutely will. Good to know that the federal tax incentive applies and that there may even be a cherry on top given I reside in California. Any chance that the broker you leveraged has a counterpart or does any business in the west coast?

·
Registered
33 Posts
@triace99 when you're on the Lease Hackr site, if you use the following path you'll find all the Jeep related posts.

Forum > All tags > Jeep

You'll see a post there started by Clutch. That's the broker I went with. Very nice and helpful with all of my questions. Lots of info in that thread. You'll see a link to his email a little ways down the thread.

I'm not sure if he has a Jeep dealership that he works with in Cali.

Another informative thread to read on there is the one with the title "Order placed (and rates locked?)...". It's long but has some good info.

Reactions: triace99

·
Registered
33 Posts
@triace99 when you're on the Lease Hackr site, if you use the following path you'll find all the Jeep related posts.

Forum > All tags > Jeep

You'll see a post there started by Clutch. That's the broker I went with. Very nice and helpful with all of my questions. Lots of info in that thread. You'll see a link to his email a little ways down the thread.

I'm not sure if he has a Jeep dealership that he works with in Cali.

Another informative thread to read on there is the one with the title "Order placed (and rates locked?)...". It's long but has some good info.
Hi Everyone!

New to the forum and am looking to be a first time Jeep owner!

I'm looking to swoop a 4xe (most likely high altitude) and was wondering what people were seeing as far as lease deals are concerned. Also, might be a dumb question, but with the EV tax incentive, does that apply to leases as well? I believe California covers up to the $7500 but wanted to make sure!

Thanks everyone!
Lease: $1500 (clean CA) + $7500 (feds) instant rebate; you also get some rebate if you are a San Diego area resident
Buy: $1500 instant rebate, up to $7500 eligible to claim when filing 2021 taxes next year
My advice not to lease if you plan on taking your Jeep off-roading. They will rape you at lease return

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lease: $1500 (clean CA) + $7500 (feds) instant rebate; you also get some rebate if you are a San Diego area resident
Buy: $1500 instant rebate, up to $7500 eligible to claim when filing 2021 taxes next year
My advice not to lease if you plan on taking your Jeep off-roading. They will rape you at lease return
Out of curiosity, what do you mean about off-roading and lease terms? I haven't run into this yet (just saw the mileage limits)

·
Registered
33 Posts
@Bike Mom if your vehicle is returned with damage at the end of your lease, you will be responsible for those damages financially (over a certain dollar amount I think). So a lease may not be the best idea for someone who plans to do a lot of off-roading and may bang it up.

Reactions: Bike Mom
1 - 7 of 7 Posts