Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I start up, the default driving mode is Hybrid. I want to set it to default of ESave to save my battery for in-town driving only. Is there a way to do this?

·
Registered
188 Posts
How about leaving the gear selector in manual mode? Will it stay there or does it pop back to Auto when released?

·
Registered
264 Posts
What do you mean by testing requirements? Is this covered in one of your ask the expert videos? Thanks
When the EPA does their testing, the vehicle has to be set up in certain ways for their testing. I can't say I understand it exactly but I asked Dan why it E-select can't latch to the previous mode. He said it had something to do with when the EPA does the tests.

·
Registered
188 Posts
That is a brutal answer. Why go to market with something that’s not ready. This is not near the vehicle I was expecting. Disappointing
If the vehicle is able to latch in e-save mode then it has to be tested that way. The EPA rating will take a nose dive in e-Save.....especially if the charge the battery box is checked. The lower the rating the more penalty to Jeep and the higher the sale price. Better to allow the vehicle to default to its most economical mode and keep some money in your pocket vs going to the government agencies in fines and taxes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts