Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello: I seem to have discovered a way to pop a code that might be an issue with the tranny. I have had my 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude 4xe for about two weeks now. I've been experimenting with the different power settings and recharge modes because I was hoping to give this one to my wife since she has a longer commute than me. Had my vehicle on ESave mode with max recharge (Bat was at 4%). Was letting the vehicle coast to the red light and applied the brake at a low speed to stop fully and the break made a big clunk stopped fast and the D indicator light started flashing. When the light changed I could not move until I shifted into neutral and back into drive. I was able to recreate the error 1x after that. I stopped because I didn't want to break it. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
524 Posts
Did you look in the manual for anything resembling this type of reaction like the D symbol flashing? Just curious.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I just come to this chat, because I bough a 4xe sahara unlimited 2 days ego, and I'm experiencing the same flashing "D" issues when I hit the brake on the red light.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got the flashing “D” and a warning on the dash that the vehicle was not in park when I opened my door so I could see behind me while backing up, I’m not used to all these electronic nannies….I think it automatically put the vehicle in park.
I’ll say it here too….check your fuses! See if any are loose or unseated, it could be another electrical gremlin potentially caused by unseated fuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello: I seem to have discovered a way to pop a code that might be an issue with the tranny. I have had my 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude 4xe for about two weeks now. I've been experimenting with the different power settings and recharge modes because I was hoping to give this one to my wife since she has a longer commute than me. Had my vehicle on ESave mode with max recharge (Bat was at 4%). Was letting the vehicle coast to the red light and applied the brake at a low speed to stop fully and the break made a big clunk stopped fast and the D indicator light started flashing. When the light changed I could not move until I shifted into neutral and back into drive. I was able to recreate the error 1x after that. I stopped because I didn't want to break it. Any suggestions?
I had this exact thing happen to me on day 2 of ownership. Any help is appreciated - I plan to call the dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same issue. The dealer said that 9 out of 10 times this happens because the drivers door wasn't closed hard enough. we'll see

1 - 6 of 6 Posts