Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 10th Anniversary Rubicon had red leather as part of the package and after burning myself on the leather and freaking out every time I had the doors off that it might rain I swore I would go cloth next time and save the money for whenever down the road I got tired of the cloth or they started looking worn I could spend it getting them redone or go with a katzkin set with a custom color and stitching or something. Any pics of Rubicons interior with cloth?

·
Registered
88 Posts
The cloth seats are standard on the Rubicon. I saw no need to spend the money for a leather upgrade. We like the seats so far. I'll be trying them out on a long trip next week. I'll try to post some interior pics later.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had to get cloth. Not due to the heat, even though I live in AZ. I test drove both and was sliding around in the leather seat just in city driving. I couldn’t imagine myself offroading in the leather after that. That said I’m really short so perhaps that also had something to do with it. I’ve always had leather seats in all my previous cars so i will probably miss the consistent leather smell and the ease to clean. I thought about getting the leather seats and putting on cloth covers, but i figured the cloths covers would just be on 24/7 and was not worth the extra money at that point.

·
Registered
4xe Rubicon, AP1 S2000
58 Posts
I bought the cloth on purpose, leather, especially black, is just no fun in a convertible/topless vehicle. Was happy with the cloth on my sport and happy with the cloth on my Rubi 4xe.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome to hear by everyone. I know for a fact that I spent a majority of the summer no doors and I burned the hell out my rear end on numerous occasions and every time I got in a coworkers jeep that was fully door/topless and cloth seats I never felt anything but warmth. If I was never going to remove the doors I would probably have gone leather again but quite frankly that's why I bought the Jeep. Expressly because the doors come off. If I wanted an offroad capable truck there are many options whos door stay on and if I wanted a convertible who's doors don't come off there are also tons of options. Cloth for me on wranglers going forward.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts