Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Good thing many ordering the 4XE are getting it below MSRP by a decent percentage.
Are you at least eligible for any home charging station tax credits?

@Islandbunkie @hopeful19, welcome to the forum!
What are tax credits like for you guys in Canada?
I installed the charger in December so I am claiming it on this year’s federal taxes. The $7500 will be for next year. Affiliate pricing is now valid on the 4XE so I am getting 7% under invoice. It is worth considering even if you get the vehicle shipped to you. I did another vehicle that way and the car showed up to my driveway.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I installed the charger in December so I am claiming it on this year’s federal taxes. The $7500 will be for next year. Affiliate pricing is now valid on the 4XE so I am getting 7% under invoice. It is worth considering even if you get the vehicle shipped to you. I did another vehicle that way and the car showed up to my driveway.
Is the charger the one from Mopar? Or did you buy a third party charger?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'll have to check that one out. Funny enough I've been leaning towards getting a JuiceBox.
Juice Box has some additional features and monitoring from your phone. But it is about $200 more (although it is 40 Amps however the Jeep cannot do it)

·
Registered
Wrangler JK 2011
30 Posts
Welcome @Islandbunkie! Which color combo did you go with for your Rubicon?
10% under MSRP is about 5% under invoice. I got 7% under invoice if the 4XE is eligible for FCA affiliate discount pricing at time of purchase. Otherwise it is 6% under. This wasn’t intense haggling but rather the standard deal this dealership was offering.
Hi there, of course. I ordered the Rubicon. Options I selected were: steel bumpers, premium soft top, off-road camera, trailer tow and electrical, cold weather group, body colour fenders, all weather floor mats. MSRP $66,960 + $1895 Destination fees + dealership documentation and other fees + taxes. My price was $64,785 + taxes. The dealer waived most of the fees and my price was $500 above FWP (dealer invoice) pricing of $64,285. I'm not sure of the $1895 Destination fees was built into my price, I have just sent a note to my dealer to check.

Happy to make a referral to my guy if you want to purchase at dealer invoice price plus $500.
Hi, where are you located? I am looking to order the 4xe, but dealership is not offering anything in terms of discount. I am in Southern California, but will travel for a good deal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi, where are you located? I am looking to order the 4xe, but dealership is not offering anything in terms of discount. I am in Southern California, but will travel for a good deal.
I’m in Florida but ordered from a dealer in NC. Shipping to my driveway is about $700 but I’m going to pick up the car from the dealer instead.

·
Registered
Wrangler JK 2011
30 Posts
I’m in Florida but ordered from a dealer in NC. Shipping to my driveway is about $700 but I’m going to pick up the car from the dealer instead.
Thanks! That may be a bit far, but will keep trying options. Thanks again for the info

2022 Wrangler 4XE Rubicon
14 Posts
Willy's-

This is a great topic for those that have yet preorder or purchase their 4XE.

I know that I did a ton of research on the JLUR that I was originally intending on ordering, and there was a lot of information as to how to go into the discussion and conversation, things to backup your wants and needs, and what you can realistically ask for in terms of discounts and savings. There used to be an interactive map as well that showed the % below MSRP or below invoice that people were offered, the dealers to talk with at those locations, and most importantly the discussion and ability to get up and walk should the build not be to your satisfaction / pricing isn't realistic.

Hopefully this new model has not thrown the JLU facts out the door, and that the buyer still has an upper hand instead of being at the mercy of the dealers.

I'd love to find out what is being offered, how people approached this subject and how they backed up their requests so that we know how to handle the scenario when we are in it ourselves. Basically the best way to enter a dealership with the tools to walk out a satisfied customer (or basically go online and do the same).

Thank you for asking this question, I will be following closely for when I place my order this fall.

Thank you-

·
Registered
7 Posts
At Gulfway Dodge in Houston I have attempted to reserve one of their incoming 4xe's and when it came to down payment, they told me that the drive out cost would be $72k (on $58K MSRP). When I asked why, they said well we are marking 4xe $10k, just like we do TRX..

·
Registered
29 Posts
At Gulfway Dodge in Houston I have attempted to reserve one of their incoming 4xe's and when it came to down payment, they told me that the drive out cost would be $72k (on $58K MSRP). When I asked why, they said well we are marking 4xe $10k, just like we do TRX..
Have you tried the affiliate discount which automatically gets you under invoice at participating dealers?

·
Registered
29 Posts
The dealer I am working with now is River Oaks in Houston. How do you claim to be an affiliate?
You can sign up here: FCA Affiliate Rewards

You need to be an employee or member of an affiliated organization. I joined AccessFund.org for $50 but there is also Thread Lightly. The full list of organizations is listed here along with their company codes: https://www.fcausaffiliates.com/content/dam/affiliate-rewards/docs/companylocator.pdf

When you sign up you get a certificate and control number to present to the dealer.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts