Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure about how the FCA program works. But I have to imagine that if a dealer says they accept the FCA program and later changes their mind because "They can sell it to someone else for more" then that dealer is in fact "dishonest".

The facts:

Bob Johnson Auto Group, Watertown, NY. Salesman Matthew Hicks.
On July 30th "Yes, we do accept the FCA program" please share your vehicle trade in information, provide pictures, gives us your persona information, etc.
On August 2nd "I just got with my sales manager and unfortunately we cannon honor the FCA" because "it being the only one on our lot and the number of leads we have on it".

That seems pretty dishonest and a complete waste of my time. Not to mention they now have all of my personal information so I'm sure I'll get lots of spam on advertisements from them going forward. They currently have one Jeep 4xe Rubicon that looks like a nice vehicle. They've had it for a few weeks now...makes you wonder why they can't seem to sell a vehicle that's in high demand. Maybe it's because I'm not the only one they've tried to cheat.

I wish there was someone at FCA that I could report them to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's frustrating. I feel like the current market has highlighted the worst and best of our car buying process. If you're willing to order rather than buy off lot - and travel a bit (Baltimore, Central PA, TN) there seem to be some deals out there.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm not sure about how the FCA program works. But I have to imagine that if a dealer says they accept the FCA program and later changes their mind because "They can sell it to someone else for more" then that dealer is in fact "dishonest".

The facts:

On July 30th "Yes, we do accept the FCA program" please share your vehicle trade in information, provide pictures, gives us your persona information, etc.
On August 2nd "I just got with my sales manager and unfortunately we cannon honor the FCA" because "it being the only one on our lot and the number of leads we have on it".

That seems pretty dishonest and a complete waste of my time. Not to mention they now have all of my personal information so I'm sure I'll get lots of spam on advertisements from them going forward. They currently have one Jeep 4xe Rubicon that looks like a nice vehicle. They've had it for a few weeks now...makes you wonder why they can't seem to sell a vehicle that's in high demand. Maybe it's because I'm not the only one they've tried to cheat.

I am sorry to hear that and you are absolutely correct, it’s credibility issue on the dealer part. They should’ve honored their own words.
As for accepting FCA program, it is prerogative rights of each dealer whether to accept it or not. I don’t think FCA can do anything about it.

Maybe this is good for you. If I were you, I would take my business elsewhere. You want to deal with dealer with high integrity and credibility for your aftersales services.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
40 Posts

The facts:

Hi there from 1 hour south!! Have you considered ordering one from Chapman just outside Philly?? They’ll do Affiliates and 5% bellow invoice.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How do you get 5% under factory invoice? I thought fca was only 1%? Is that on a lease or can I do a cash purchase? 5% would be amazing!!!
These dishonest people in Watertown still have the vehicle…surprise surprise

·
Registered
40 Posts
How do you get 5% under factory invoice? I thought fca was only 1%? Is that on a lease or can I do a cash purchase? 5% would be amazing!!!
Jump over to JL Wrangler forum and search for the poster ….. dealerinsider

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm still waiting on delivery, but placed an order through Criswell in MD (Baltimore is super easy and cheap for me to fly into). Also 5% below if using their financing and FCA and a member of the JLWrangler forum. Super super easy order process, and I'll update everyone on the delivery/financing when it happens. Let me know if you need contact info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts