Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I wonder what the math works out to be for this with the tank size being different. When running in hybrid with <1% battery, I still get better gas mileage than when on e-save (non-charge). I think this is because the gas engine is charging the battery and then that charge is being converted back into driving power via the electric motor. So if I'm getting say 22 mpg on hybrid with ICE running vs. non-4xe at ??? mpg (i don't have one), how bad does the gas mileage need to be to offset the difference in fuel tank size. Do you also need to calculate in the start with a full battery boost to your mpg and range.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I wonder what the math works out to be for this with the tank size being different. When running in hybrid with <1% battery, I still get better gas mileage than when on e-save (non-charge). I think this is because the gas engine is charging the battery and then that charge is being converted back into driving power via the electric motor. So if I'm getting say 22 mpg on hybrid with ICE running vs. non-4xe at ??? mpg (i don't have one), how bad does the gas mileage need to be to offset the difference in fuel tank size. Do you also need to calculate in the start with a full battery boost to your mpg and range.
So on my 2019 JLU 2L I used to get ~20 mpg. That is a mix of hwy/city with most of my driving being city. (I think I got ~26mpg just highway driving @70mph).

I have had my 4xe 1 month and have driving 17 miles in hybrid and the rest on all electric (~500 total) so still have a full tank from the dealer. Tomorrow I am driving from Boston to Long Island, NY then back on Saturday. I will track it via Trip B and report back the results from what I see.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, Utah and notably Moab was pretty wet this summer... Same for some parts of New Mexico.

We're newish to the area so this will be my first ' ski season' in over 10 years. New skis and roof rack already to go depending on how well that dance works out. The summer wildfires (12 miles from us) followed with the daily I70 flooding / mudslides in Glenwood have been crazy and it only seems to get worse the further west you go. Fingers crossed for a decent snow pack this winter. We could all use the relief. Hit me up if you make up this season. Beers on me!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I saw that the non 4XE Rubicon gets a 21 liter tank while the 4XE gets around 17.5. Have you regretted getting the 4XE version due to its smaller tank? Have you found filling up more frequently or would it be more frequent than its gas equivalent?
I am coming from a standard range 200 miles fully charge Tesla model 3 and I am feeling a little bit of remorse with going the 4XE route because I feel like I will be filling up a lot more frequently?
I absolutely hated waiting around charging my Tesla and I am wondering if I will see myself filling this thing up just as often?
I'm a Tesla fan, but don't own one...

One thing about the 4xe is if you don't have the time or ability to charge you don't have to. We have done a couple 600+ mile trips recently and didn't recharge until we completed the trip with one fuel stop. We are able to run full electric on each end of our trips.
Also, another plus (at least on the Sahara, not sure about the Rubicon) in addition to the tax credit, the 4xe Sahara has several items as standard equipment that are extra charge options on the gas only Sahara.
The 4xe has been the best vehicle for our needs.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts