Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if charging is still active when remote started or any other powered on state?

I'm suspecting not as I was on a ChargePoint charges and had remote started. When I got up to the charger I think there was a charging completed message.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Not sure how the 4xe is managed but normal method is to discontinue charging when remote started. Shore power would then be used to power the climate control systems and possibly the DC-DC converter.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll have to try it again and see. It did look like the ChargePoint station thought it was done, but it was also my first time using one.

Main curiosity was if I let the climate system run plugged in my garage, would I get any range loss. But the 12V side of things seems to run rather efficiently.

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone know if charging is still active when remote started or any other powered on state?

I'm suspecting not as I was on a ChargePoint charges and had remote started. When I got up to the charger I think there was a charging completed message.
Just confirmed that the 4xe does keep charging if the vehicle is started remotely. Basically, it’ll keep charging no matter as long as it’s plugged it and the battery is less than 100%.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just confirmed that the 4xe does keep charging if the vehicle is started remotely. Basically, it’ll keep charging no matter as long as it’s plugged it and the battery is less than 100%.
My next question is...Is remote start only using electricity, like zero emissions? If so could us people Up Nort use remote start while charging in their garage to get a toasty interior?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sure if plugged in it won't use gas. It seems to avoid running the engine below 20 MPH as much as possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts