Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '99 TJ so the Jeep Wave is natural to me. I have had my new 4xe Rubi for about 5 days now and ridiculously happy with it. But driving along just now, I found my fingers starting to raise inexplicably when a Tesla was passing. I fought it back but it took me by surprise. Anyone else with this problem?

Registered
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4xe
I have a '99 TJ so the Jeep Wave is natural to me. I have had my new 4xe Rubi for about 5 days now and ridiculously happy with it. But driving along just now, I found my fingers starting to raise inexplicably when a Tesla was passing. I fought it back but it took me by surprise. Anyone else with this problem?
Ya, Nope!

Registered
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
NO! Its a traditional Jeep Heritage wave. It began during WWII as a way for U.S. soldiers to differentiate an ally from an enemy. Jeeps were often driven by soldiers during WWII and the wave was used to greet fellow soldiers when transporting supplies and carrying wounded soldiers and civilian Jeep owners during this time were most often returning veterans and the wave was a way for citizens to acknowledge the service of veterans and for other veteran Jeep drivers to greet a fellow soldier. Elon Musk didn't serve anything but an unworthy vehicle!

Registered
4xe Rubicon, AP1 S2000
I was next to a Porsche Taycan on the highway in traffic the other day, I waved at him and pointed to my plug in door as to say 鈥渉ello fellow EV鈥 and he just looked at me confused lol

Felt like Steve Buscemi:

Registered
Having both a 4xe Rubicon and a Telsa Model 3 AWD, those "hellos" should be separate, especially given the history of the Jeep :)

As for calling the Tesla an unworthy vehicle... I can also say that as a regular vehicle (aside from offroading, special features like removable top, doors, etc), my experience as a Tesla owner is vastly superior to that as a Jeep owner. The Jeep is like Windows 8 - sure it works, but clunky and has the baggage of third parties like overpriced Sirius, sluggishness of app, although plenty of aftermarket accessories. The Tesla is like a fresh Mac - well thought out, reliable, many updates have improved it significantly over time, drives wayyy better, has Autopilot. Except my Jeep cost +20% more than my Tesla, so a failed comparison there :)

I would have bought a Model Y if my wife didn't want the offroadability / convertability of the Jeep.

Registered
2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
I was next to a Porsche Taycan on the highway in traffic the other day, I waved at him and pointed to my plug in door as to say 鈥渉ello fellow EV鈥 and he just looked at me confused lol

Felt like Steve Buscemi:
View attachment 1295
I am still waiting for someone to stop me at the local public charging station and say "hey, this is for electric vehicles", so I can also point to the the plug in door and make a new friend. For now, confused looks will have to do.

Registered
Having both a 4xe Rubicon and a Telsa Model 3 AWD, those "hellos" should be separate, especially given the history of the Jeep :)

As for calling the Tesla an unworthy vehicle... I can also say that as a regular vehicle (aside from offroading, special features like removable top, doors, etc), my experience as a Tesla owner is vastly superior to that as a Jeep owner. The Jeep is like Windows 8 - sure it works, but clunky and has the baggage of third parties like overpriced Sirius, sluggishness of app, although plenty of aftermarket accessories. The Tesla is like a fresh Mac - well thought out, reliable, many updates have improved it significantly over time, drives wayyy better, has Autopilot. Except my Jeep cost +20% more than my Tesla, so a failed comparison there :)

I would have bought a Model Y if my wife didn't want the offroadability / convertability of the Jeep.
Was thinking Windows 95 with the MS Plus Themes package, but ya... Nailed it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts