Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
81 - 100 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
2000 miles, check engine light and service hybrid electrical system came on. 20 days in the shop to update software. Back in the shop after two days for the same symptom. Frustrated to say the least since I absolutely love driving it :(

·
Registered
88 Posts
Only 10 days and 400 miles but we're loving this Jeep. No errors popping up yet. We took Saphi(re) out yesterday and got her dirty, the way a Jeep should be.

·
Registered
20 Posts
2 months, 1100 miles. Only issue is the backup lines disappearing/reappearing. My wife loves her 4xe, I’m ”patiently“ waiting for news about the 4xe Gladiator. Will upgrade my Gladiator if it will tow our 2500lb trailer with as much ease as the 3.6 does.
Something to consider is that you only have the 470tq for few miles then its all up to the 4 cylinder engine after that.That said, towing limit doesn’t change from the 3.6 to the 2.0 last I checked.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Something to consider is that you only have the 470tq for few miles then its all up to the 4 cylinder engine after that.That said, towing limit doesn’t change from the 3.6 to the 2.0 last I checked.
The electric motors are always available. The <1% indicator for battery power does not include a 15% reserve. Also, power is continually being fed back into the battery by regenerative braking and excess ICE power. If you watch RPMs and the electric usage indicators, both systems are in use most of the time in hybrid mode.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is 100% NOT accurate. The vehicle is always a hybrid and you will not lose the 470tq after a few miles.
I apologize, my statement is not said correctly. I am probably wrong here too but here me out. The question was regarding towing. Im stating that you should not have 100% engine power to the wheels at all time. Sometimes power will be used to power the battery. At this Point in time, that looks like a bad situation for a 4 cylinder engine while towing. Your rpms must be higher so that you can power the battery and tow. I don’t understand how you can provide full power to the hybrid system and not lose any from the engine.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
520 Posts
I don’t believe it would be noticeable, but I’m not an expert. Just someone who has towed a lot in other trucks.

·
Registered
473 Posts
@HedoRick1976 Below the belt comments. @Wrangler4XEFan has done nothing but produce great content to help all of us understand and enjoy the use of these vehicles. I feel bad for the select few, like yourself, having issues but taking it out on members of this forum is not necessary.

·
Registered
187 Posts
2000 miles, check engine light and service hybrid electrical system came on. 20 days in the shop to update software. Back in the shop after two days for the same symptom. Frustrated to say the least since I absolutely love driving it :(
Feel free to send us a private message so we can assist you with this concern, Rkxstealth!

Kate
Jeep Cares

81 - 100 of 131 Posts