Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
I had my first issue yesterday. I posted about it on the JL group, 4xe shut down on highway with charge error - think I know what causes it now.. I was a little freaked out still when I posted but feel okay about it now. Having read of cases where it happened to others help me deal better in the situation. For some reason I was waiting for it to die on the highway.

It was the charging system error that causes the Jeep to limp and auto park on the highway. But I think it was caused by me overriding the Adaptive Cruise Control system at high speed and it getting rapid stop/go signals. I suspect it's a control systems issue and not any kind of defect. I'm getting scanned tomorrow.

Other than that I had just put a few thousand miles of it on in the mountains, doors off on on trails, fording streams, etc. I was starting to get confident. :)

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
520 Posts
That’s why I didn’t order any of that BS. None of it! Hell, risking the 4xe technology has me nervous. I just had to jump on board for the HP and torque.
my Jeep has been spending my money for me the last 2 drives I’ve taken over 2 days. Short drives of less than 20 miles each. It has been running the ICE to condition the fuel and oil. I.e. using up the gas. How can I tell it to stop, because I’ve conditioned the fuel with SeaFoam stabilizer?!?😁
I really think I should be able to communicate back when it pops up messages on my screen.
“Please quit using the expensive 91 octane I’ve dumped in you, thanks!”

·
Registered
473 Posts
@Shakes the fuel conditioning is time based, this is addressed in one of the Ask the expert vids. I don't disagree with having some kind of manual override but I can see why Jeep wouldn't want to do that. I'm sure you would get folks not using SeaFoam and it would cause issues.

·
Registered
597 Posts
That’s why I didn’t order any of that BS. None of it! Hell, risking the 4xe technology has me nervous. I just had to jump on board for the HP and torque.
my Jeep has been spending my money for me the last 2 drives I’ve taken over 2 days. Short drives of less than 20 miles each. It has been running the ICE to condition the fuel and oil. I.e. using up the gas. How can I tell it to stop, because I’ve conditioned the fuel with SeaFoam stabilizer?!?😁
I really think I should be able to communicate back when it pops up messages on my screen.
“Please quit using the expensive 91 octane I’ve dumped in you, thanks!”
I'm actually way more comfortable with my 4xe now after the road trip despite the highway shutdown incident. I was nervous to go fording after one member had to get all his cables and electronics replaced but she swims nice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a power loss incident but no warning messages and nothing causing me to pull over. My speed just dropped down from 77 to 70 and then it forced itself into Hybrid mode.

Only other issues I've had are not 4xe related. I have the clicking from the front end when turning left or right. I dropped it off, told them to check the castle nuts on the ball joints. They called back, said they could hear the noise and diagnostics are telling them to replace the hubs. sigh I called him back, asked if they checked the ball joints? No, of course not. But they SAY they are checking them this morning and either way, it will be ready for me to pick up this afternoon (hubs are on back order anyway).

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4XE
22 Posts
Only two problems (3100 miles now) and both happened just within the last week.

1. Fuel Door would say it was open and it wasn’t after pushing the button. Did it a few times. Also when this happened the Jeep wouldn’t take fuel constantly. It would be like .50 worth and the pump would stop. Took it to the dealer and they swapped out the fuel door and line to the tank. Said a sensor was bad? After they fixed it I haven’t had any issues.
  2. CarPlay decides to randomly disconnect when I am using Waze. Spoke to dealer while fixing the fuel door and they said there is a huge patch coming out shortly to fix it similar to how Apple does theirs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not 1 issue here wood knock. Got big things coming too lift, spare delete, Cavfab bumpers. Will keep posting this e build.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes spoke to Cavfab and if can fit it however I removed the F47 red 10 amp fuse for 1 weeks now and not 1 code. 👍

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know it's been a bit since the last post in here but thought I'd chime in. Got my JLUR 4xe just in time for a 2000 mile road trip, got back home yesterday, and no issues at all. Love it!

·
Registered
2021 Wrangler 4XE Sahara
43 Posts
The Jeep has been fine (thought I hate the auto park feature when the door is open - how do I disable that garbage?) - but finding proper-fitting accessories has been a challenge. Wet Okole is the latest issue - the rear 60% upper piece does not work right at all.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Other than the carplay issue, no problems for the first 5 months and 5000 miles.

But last week, it DIED driving on the highway with the charging system error and clunked over to the shoulder. Had to manually release the transmission to have it flatbed'd to the dealer. So dead now you can't even use the fob.

F&#$ing dangerous

Thankfully I called the dealers before arriving with the tow as one couldn't look at the vehicle for nearly a MONTH.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Other than the carplay issue, no problems for the first 5 months and 5000 miles.

But last week, it DIED driving on the highway with the charging system error and clunked over to the shoulder. Had to manually release the transmission to have it flatbed'd to the dealer. So dead now you can't even use the fob.

F&#$ing dangerous

Thankfully I called the dealers before arriving with the tow as one couldn't look at the vehicle for nearly a MONTH.
Did you try a key cycle?

It will always show a charging error when it does that, so it could be the HVB system or something completely different.

·
Registered
| 2012 JKU Sahara | 2021 4xe Sahara |
65 Posts
The Jeep has been fine (thought I hate the auto park feature when the door is open - how do I disable that garbage?) - but finding proper-fitting accessories has been a challenge. Wet Okole is the latest issue - the rear 60% upper piece does not work right at all.
It would seem that extra security feature that’s a nuisance to some of us, would have been a huge life saver for others: https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/man-killed-freak-accident-mcdonalds-062316522.html

When that made my local news day of, first thought, “Wow, so that’s why (thinking about our Jeep auto park feature)… this kind of thing actually happens.” But I know if I dropped my debit/credit card at the drive through, first thing to do would have been to park before reaching/opening door to search for it… Humans really do depend too much on nanny features and government and overall other people to keep us safe from ourselves.

·
Registered
188 Posts

F&#$ing dangerous

If you need any assistance from our team while at the dealer, please send us a private message, Nohandz.

Kate
Jeep Cares

101 - 120 of 131 Posts