Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
It would seem that extra security feature that’s a nuisance to some of us, would have been a huge life saver for others: https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/man-killed-freak-accident-mcdonalds-062316522.html

When that made my local news day of, first thought, “Wow, so that’s why (thinking about our Jeep auto park feature)… this kind of thing actually happens.” But I know if I dropped my debit/credit card at the drive through, first thing to do would have been to park before reaching/opening door to search for it… Humans really do depend too much on nanny features and government and overall other people to keep us safe from ourselves.
Anton Yelchin, who played Chekov in the newer Star Trek movies was killed by his Grand Cherokee.

It was a high profile case, which I suspect is why the auto park is so agressive now.

·
Registered
| 2012 JKU Sahara | 2021 4xe Sahara |
65 Posts
Anton Yelchin, who played Chekov in the newer Star Trek movies was killed by his Grand Cherokee.

It was a high profile case, which I suspect is why the auto park is so agressive now.
I do recall a celebrity incident, however, I did not realize it was a Grand Cherokee. Interesting that they changed the ratchet gear shifter design the following model year. I looked it up and ended up reading this article and the NHTSA complaints on the gear knob design for the rams and I don’t disagree with most of what the author and the comments say.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have 1800 miles on mine and no issues yet.
The Dealer just performed the RRT updates and now the Max Regen is Sticky.
I'm curious as to what all of the updates will change or improve.
I haven't found much when searching online.

·
Registered
11 Posts
3 months in and no issues to adversely effect driving it. I did check the fuses, we had only one loose.

Going in next Tuesday for a Transport Canada recall about lights and the Power Cable seal thing. Having them check the ball joints and I expect they'll probably do the software update too. Minor stuff far as I'm concerned.

Far as we're concerned it is a great vehicle.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Other than the carplay issue, no problems for the first 5 months and 5000 miles.

But last week, it DIED driving on the highway with the charging system error and clunked over to the shoulder. Had to manually release the transmission to have it flatbed'd to the dealer. So dead now you can't even use the fob.

F&#$ing dangerous

Thankfully I called the dealers before arriving with the tow as one couldn't look at the vehicle for nearly a MONTH.
They say they are replacing the Power Distribution Center. Same part number, so not a rev, but likely not installed correctly. Second one this dealer has done. I'm not clear if this will solve this issue, but glad they are doing something and not blaming me as I've read of other scenarios.

They are tackling a number of other service bulletins such as software, as well as a full recall for a seal on what sounded like the charging system.

Part is on backorder, so looking like I will be in the shop at least for a solid 3 weeks..

·
Registered
473 Posts
I don't have proof but I feel like most of the issues are with units built before May 2021. Obviously not all but I think something changed in May time period right when they raised prices.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Could be improvements in manufacturing processes and skill.

I think the price hikes are just supply and demand. I think Wrangler demand is driven by everyone spending so much time being cooped up the past 1 - 2 years and wanting to get out into nature. The Wrangler represents this, even if most of us rarely get to do that. Then throw demand in for electrification, supply shortages, trade in values for used cars (many with lower than expected mileage).

·
Registered
188 Posts
They say they are replacing the Power Distribution Center. Same part number, so not a rev, but likely not installed correctly. Second one this dealer has done. I'm not clear if this will solve this issue, but glad they are doing something and not blaming me as I've read of other scenarios.

They are tackling a number of other service bulletins such as software, as well as a full recall for a seal on what sounded like the charging system.

Part is on backorder, so looking like I will be in the shop at least for a solid 3 weeks..
Hi, Nohandz. Although we cannot guarantee any certain outcome, we'd be happy to look into your concerns further. Send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

121 - 131 of 131 Posts