1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Wrangler Sahara 4xe
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning gang
I’ve had my new 4xe for two weeks now
And I have been asked by numerous people, “does the charger lock while charging “
I don’t see anywhere where it says it does, can anyone confirm wether it does or not.
Thanks
OIIIIIIIO

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
524 Posts
No. I mean it clicks on when you push it in the port, but you can take it off anytime.

·
Registered
Wrangler Sahara 4xe
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bizarre to think all other eVehicles lock once charger is in the port and doors are locked.
precent theft of the 120 portable charger and possible theft at the public charging station

·
Registered
171 Posts
I guess for theft concerns, I'd just loop it through a lock and secure it to the frame. Then it would require them to cut it (kind of negating the value). Bummer this even has to be a conversation :confused:

·
Registered
Wrangler Sahara 4xe
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I agree
I don’t mind having to do something to protect my charger, but as you said, sucks to be discussing it at all

·
Registered
610 Posts
Is this to prevent someone from stealing your charge in public or to prevent your home charger from being stolen outside? In a public charge I think the software would take care of that.

I don't see anything on the charger that looks like it would lock. That could even be a safety concern if you can't get it undone.

With the current state of EVs, I don't think this would be much of a concern for some time to come.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts