Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new 22 wrangler sahara lease has been at the dealer for 4 weeks. It was towed there stuck in park. Service advisor said yesterday, the tech is still working with FCA, and will conduct 2 more tests, likely replacing the hybrid battery. I only got to drive it 7 days, 775 miles. Jeep Wave Program gives me $55/day for a rental. Does this fit the lemon law category? I'd like to do this all over and get a gasoline wrangler. Or hope the dealer fix is done right. Any advice?

Thanks!

· Registered
2022 Rubicon 4xe
1,224 Posts
I know nothing about lemon law buybacks but might be worth asking FCA first as if they buyback without lemon law vehicle will be valued far higher than if they're forced by lemon law. Pretty sure lemon law buybacks devalue the title significantly similar to salvage titles. Although, maybe logic doesn't apply with large corporations...

· Registered
3,608 Posts
I know nothing about lemon law buybacks but might be worth asking FCA first as if they buyback without lemon law vehicle will be valued far higher than if they're forced by lemon law. Pretty sure lemon law buybacks devalue the title significantly similar to salvage titles. Although, maybe logic doesn't apply with large corporations...
If you engage a lemon attorney, they'll reach out to FCA first to try to settle before having to force an actual lemon law judgement that would brand the title.

There's no upside to reaching out to FCA directly when you have have a legal professional that knows how to navigate every aspect of it do it for no money out of your pocket.

You know what they say... a man who represents himself has a fool for a client.

· Registered
2022 Rubicon 4xe
1,224 Posts
I didn't realize it was no money out of pocket. Do they just add their fee as part of the settlement?

If you engage a lemon attorney, they'll reach out to FCA first to try to settle before having to force an actual lemon law judgement that would brand the title.

There's no upside to reaching out to FCA directly when you have have a legal professional that knows how to navigate every aspect of it do it for no money out of your pocket.

You know what they say... a man who represents himself has a fool for a client.

· Registered
3,608 Posts
Do they just add their fee as part of the settlement?
Lemon laws actually have a stipulation that the lemon attorney is paid separately from the award amount by the manufacturer and then gets carried into how settlements are structured as well.

Pretty much the only time you'd be out money is if you had a strong case, the attorney put a bunch of work in, and you became non-responsive to demands for info/receipts/etc that prevented them from being able to move forward.

· Registered
80 Posts
FL lemon law was so easy you didn't need an attorney.

FCA won't do anything without being engaged with a Lemon Law complaint first. They will then settle right before the hearing, meaning they don't need to label it as a lemon. Ask me how I know.

· Registered
140 Posts
I went thru lemon law on my 2021 4xe. The first thing you need to do is contact Jeep cares which im sure you have a case going already. Talk to your case manager and formally request a buy back and also get an email and put in it in writing that you would like your vehicle repurchased.

After getting the run around for about 2 weeks after mine was out of service for 58 days, I took matters into my own hands and emailed a couple higher ups at chrysler which Im happy to provide you with their contact info pending you dont get anywhere with your inside agent. Lets just say I sent 1 email and got a call the same day and my car repurchase was authorized within a week.

Also noted Lemon law attorneys will take your case for free. Most states are fee transferring which means FCA will pay your attorneys fees. They are more than happy to sue on your behalf, thats how they get paid

· Registered
80 Posts
Also be aware of your state laws and don't settle for less. For example FL lets you get back up to 105% of MSRP plus any additions you added to the vehicle. If you can go the FCA route stated above, make sure you get everything you are entitled to.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

FCA won't do anything without being engaged with a Lemon Law complaint first. They will then settle right before the hearing, meaning they don't need to label it as a lemon. Ask me how I know.
I just emailed my Jeep Wa
I went thru lemon law on my 2021 4xe. The first thing you need to do is contact Jeep cares which im sure you have a case going already. Talk to your case manager and formally request a buy back and also get an email and put in it in writing that you would like your vehicle repurchased.

After getting the run around for about 2 weeks after mine was out of service for 58 days, I took matters into my own hands and emailed a couple higher ups at chrysler which Im happy to provide you with their contact info pending you dont get anywhere with your inside agent. Lets just say I sent 1 email and got a call the same day and my car repurchase was authorized within a week.

Also noted Lemon law attorneys will take your case for free. Most states are fee transferring which means FCA will pay your attorneys fees. They are more than happy to sue on your behalf, thats how they get paid
I just emailed my Jeep Cares case rep demanding FCA repurhase my Jeep. I'll give it a few days for my case rep to respond. And probably need your higher ups contact next week. Thanks for your assistance!

· Registered
140 Posts
Because it’s a lease. They will simply refund your down payment and any payments you potentially made. They will also attempt to charge you a usage fee based on miles. Or atleast attempt too. They tried that with me charging me $3000 for 6k miles and I told them to pound sand and I’ll just be getting an attorney. I had a new offer the next day w no usage fees added.

· Registered
16 Posts

I'm in Florida too, can you explain how you went through this?

My 22 4xe Rubicon has been in the dealer for a week, dealer keeps running tests and has no idea on how to fix. Not really looking into getting a brand new vehicle already repaired. (24 miles in odometers and car wont even start)

· Registered
140 Posts

My 22 4xe Rubicon has been in the dealer for a week, dealer keeps running tests and has no idea on how to fix. Not really looking into getting a brand new vehicle already repaired. (24 miles in odometers and car wont even start)
1 week out of service does not constitute lemon law. 1st step is to contact Jeep cares and get a case started with them.
Once its 30 consecutive days out of service then you can pursue lemon law.

· Registered
80 Posts

I filled out the forms from the Florida AG website. I took a look there and forget I submitted a case through FCA first (as required by FL), which was promptly denied. Then did formal Lemon Law forms/submission. Don't remember exact flow of things, but I brought in for one last repair attempt (I think they only had a few days to repair). Then it wasn't fixed. I think more paperwork, got a hearing date. FCA requested a ride along to demo the issue, FCA rep was in my car while a tech was trying to diagnose issue (which included removing my glove box while driving down the road). 3 days before hearing date they offered to settle for what the law allows. I called the AG number for lemon law had a very helpful lady assist with a few things.

· Registered
80 Posts
All in all it took several months but worked out very well for me. This was for my Ram, I replaced with another Ram (higher optioned - I took full advantage of the 105%) which has been great (knock on wood). My truck was still driveable so I custom ordered one which added to my wait time for resolution. Once, went to the dealership, signed the papers, went over to finance to transfer loan and was all done. Everyone was very nice about it.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jeep Wave won't discuss compensation or taking back the Sahara 4xe until the dealer has returned the jeep to me. Dealer is working on it this week to replace the hybrid battery. It's been at the dealer 31 days.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts