Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Jeep will naturally avoid discussing a buyback unless they have to. I believe states provide your specific paperwork that you can start filing. Try getting the email of someone higher up as well. From what I've heard, Jeeps CS is a shit show.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I'm always amazed how resistant people are to using an attorney, who deals with this stuff all day, every day.
Do I need a repair order before attorney will look at it? Or being at the dealer 31+ days is enough to take the case?
I went thru lemon law on my 2021 4xe. The first thing you need to do is contact Jeep cares which im sure you have a case going already. Talk to your case manager and formally request a buy back and also get an email and put in it in writing that you would like your vehicle repurchased.

After getting the run around for about 2 weeks after mine was out of service for 58 days, I took matters into my own hands and emailed a couple higher ups at chrysler which Im happy to provide you with their contact info pending you dont get anywhere with your inside agent. Lets just say I sent 1 email and got a call the same day and my car repurchase was authorized within a week.

Also noted Lemon law attorneys will take your case for free. Most states are fee transferring which means FCA will pay your attorneys fees. They are more than happy to sue on your behalf, thats how they get paid
Do you still have that contact for the higher ups at fca/chrysler? My cares rep told me today, Jeep cares won't do anything until the dealer returns the Jeep to me. The 4xe is still at the dealer after getting a new hybrid battery installed and has more error messages. I don't have any dealer receipt to give to attorney.

· Registered
41 Posts
Jeep Wave won't discuss compensation or taking back the Sahara 4xe until the dealer has returned the jeep to me. Dealer is working on it this week to replace the hybrid battery. It's been at the dealer 31 days.
Mine is on day 25. I’ve also got a case open with Jeep Wave. Good luck with yours, I’m still holding out hope that I get my car back fixed (only had it 4 weeks).

· Registered
16 Posts
Message sent
Can I also Have the emails for the higher ups? My case manager is giving me the run around not answering. I'm on day 35 and The dealer just keep saying the Engineers asked for photos of the vehicle for the past 3 weeks. No ETA or anything, they just said they are at the grace of the engineers at Chrysler. At this point I just want out of the lease which the case manager is ignoring.

· Registered
83 Posts
I'm always amazed how resistant people are to using an attorney, who deals with this stuff all day, every day.
THIS!

Blows my mind you really think FCA is going to just buy back your vehicle. They will drag this on as long as they can. Nicely put, you are a fool if you haven't started the lemon process. At this point the frustration is in your hands because the proper action wasn't taken. The case managers are there just to make you feel like something is being done. They do not accomplish anything.

· Registered
41 Posts
My new 22 wrangler sahara lease has been at the dealer for 4 weeks. It was towed there stuck in park. Service advisor said yesterday, the tech is still working with FCA, and will conduct 2 more tests, likely replacing the hybrid battery. I only got to drive it 7 days, 775 miles. Jeep Wave Program gives me $55/day for a rental. Does this fit the lemon law category? I'd like to do this all over and get a gasoline wrangler. Or hope the dealer fix is done right. Any advice?

Thanks!
Just to follow up, Jeep is buying back my 4xe. Has been at the dealer 6 weeks, they couldn’t figure out what caused the engine shutdown. Customer service was a little slow but overall great.

· Registered
1 Posts
I went thru lemon law on my 2021 4xe. The first thing you need to do is contact Jeep cares which im sure you have a case going already. Talk to your case manager and formally request a buy back and also get an email and put in it in writing that you would like your vehicle repurchased.

After getting the run around for about 2 weeks after mine was out of service for 58 days, I took matters into my own hands and emailed a couple higher ups at chrysler which Im happy to provide you with their contact info pending you dont get anywhere with your inside agent. Lets just say I sent 1 email and got a call the same day and my car repurchase was authorized within a week.

Also noted Lemon law attorneys will take your case for free. Most states are fee transferring which means FCA will pay your attorneys fees. They are more than happy to sue on your behalf, thats how they get paid

Hey there,

I am having the same issues and was wondering if you’d be willing to provide me with the higher ups’ contact info you mentioned in a previous post (below). I’d greatly appreciate it, sir.

Thanks!
Josh
Frustrated 2021 Jeep 4xe Owner

· Registered
1 Posts
I went thru lemon law on my 2021 4xe. The first thing you need to do is contact Jeep cares which im sure you have a case going already. Talk to your case manager and formally request a buy back and also get an email and put in it in writing that you would like your vehicle repurchased. After getting the run around for about 2 weeks after mine was out of service for 58 days, I took matters into my own hands and emailed a couple higher ups at chrysler which Im happy to provide you with their contact info pending you dont get anywhere with your inside agent. Lets just say I sent 1 email and got a call the same day and my car repurchase was authorized within a week. Also noted Lemon law attorneys will take your case for free. Most states are fee transferring which means FCA will pay your attorneys fees. They are more than happy to sue on your behalf, thats how they get paid
Jeep Wave won't discuss compensation or taking back the Sahara 4xe until the dealer has returned the jeep to me. Dealer is working on it this week to replace the hybrid battery. It's been at the dealer 31 days.
I’m trying to go through lemon law with my 2022 4xe my car has been at the dealer for about 50 days. It has been at the dealer 3 times for repairs. I called FCA for buyback and they denied me twice.

· Registered
10 Posts
I went thru lemon law on my 2021 4xe. The first thing you need to do is contact Jeep cares which im sure you have a case going already. Talk to your case manager and formally request a buy back and also get an email and put in it in writing that you would like your vehicle repurchased. After getting the run around for about 2 weeks after mine was out of service for 58 days, I took matters into my own hands and emailed a couple higher ups at chrysler which Im happy to provide you with their contact info pending you dont get anywhere with your inside agent. Lets just say I sent 1 email and got a call the same day and my car repurchase was authorized within a week. Also noted Lemon law attorneys will take your case for free. Most states are fee transferring which means FCA will pay your attorneys fees. They are more than happy to sue on your behalf, thats how they get paid
I would love those contacts if you don't mind dimming them DMing me. My 4xe is back in the shop again with electric mode unavailable for months now.

· Registered
10 Posts
Have you had your electric coolant heater checked for being locked out?
I'm not sure, the guys at the dealership seem to be complete idiots. They've had it for 2 weeks and told me everything was fixed I just needed to go down and do an oil change. I let them know I just did an oil change 20 days ago? No sir, we promise you that is now the problem.

So I leave the dealership take it down and have another oil change done and of course nothing is fixed. So I made them come drive out to my house to pick the car up and now it's been at the dealership for another 13 days and they can't figure anything out.

The last time this happened it was the temperature sensor.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I'm not sure, the guys at the dealership seem to be complete idiots. They've had it for 2 weeks and told me everything was fixed I just needed to go down and do an oil change. I let them know I just did an oil change 20 days ago? No sir, we promise you that is now the problem.

So I leave the dealership take it down and have another oil change done and of course nothing is fixed. So I made them come drive out to my house to pick the car up and now it's been at the dealership for another 13 days and they can't figure anything out.

Sorry to hear that. The last time I went to the dealer for repairs, the customer service rep told me file lemon law with FCA. I sold the 4xe the next day. I had enough. I don't have time to waste visiting the dealer monthly for repairs. I did collect a lot of enterprise rewwards for all those jeep wave rental reimbursements

· Registered
3,742 Posts

If you want to verify it yourself, it can easily be done with an obd2 reader that'll run jscan.

The dealer can also easily check it, but that requires them being willing to take 2 minutes to follow basic instructions provided to them by Jeep which can be a huge challenge for some.

· Registered
10 Posts
Sorry to hear that. The last time I went to the dealer for repairs, the customer service rep told me file lemon law with FCA. I sold the 4xe the next day. I had enough. I don't have time to waste visiting the dealer monthly for repairs. I did collect a lot of enterprise rewwards for all those jeep wave rental reimbursements
Yep, I'm done and already purchased a new vehicle. I was going to list this for sale as soon as it gets out of the dealership, although I would much rather make them buy it back. Appreciate all the advice everybody.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts