Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to three dealers… none would accept affiliates 1% below MSRP and all giving runaround on my 2018 Sting Gray Rubi that is loaded, manual with tan leather, dual tops etc.
Clearly Jeep not wanting to sell 4xe. I have purchased 6 brand new Jeeps but looking like never getting to 7!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I chose to place an order for one and the ealer matched the pricing on the jeep website before they raised it 2 days ago. I do know when I tried using the costco discount they would only accept it on one of the saharas they had in stock and definitely not on an order. I got my fully loaded white for 63,420. now on the Jeep site it is 65,230. Some want to markup some dont. I went to 5 differnet dealers in my area. 3 didnt know what the eff they were doing, one chose to simply never respond back to my "I want to order a jeep" email and th elast one responded with "yeah we can match that price, come in tomorrow, give us a down payment". 20 minutes after getting there I was on my way out. There is a small demand for cars new and used. I chose to sell both of my cars while I am waiting for my jeep to be built. You might get a premium if you sell it on your own.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Went to three dealers… none would accept affiliates 1% below MSRP and all giving runaround on my 2018 Sting Gray Rubi that is loaded, manual with tan leather, dual tops etc.
Clearly Jeep not wanting to sell 4xe. I have purchased 6 brand new Jeeps but looking like never getting to 7!
I mean it doesn't take the brightest crayon in the box to understand that you aren't going to get 1% below anything on something they can't keep in stock over MSRP. I would also bet you want to much for your 2018 just how you come across. I don't really understand the point of this post or what you're trying to accomplish, but it's very childish and should be taken someplace else.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I mean it doesn't take the brightest crayon in the box to understand that you aren't going to get 1% below anything on something they can't keep in stock over MSRP. I would also bet you want to much for your 2018 just how you come across. I don't really understand the point of this post or what you're trying to accomplish, but it's very childish and should be taken someplace else.
Okay genius. Thanks. Check your spelling.

·
Registered
381 Posts
wow hard tobaco !, i wish you to find a dealer that likes to work with you.
we had good experience with our jeep dealer. will buy again a jeep if i want one.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
42 Posts
Have you been following the news lately? Chip shortage, 5-7% projected inflation, supply and demand - economics 101? Who in a world would be selling it below msrp? 🥸

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you been following the news lately? Chip shortage, 5-7% projected inflation, supply and demand - economics 101? Who in a world would be selling it below msrp? 🥸
Affiliates program gives 1% below invoice… hard stop. They just are somehow opting out. Found one tonight who will honor it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
wow hard tobaco !, i wish you to find a dealer that likes to work with you.
we had good experience with our jeep dealer. will buy again a jeep if i want one.
100% Positive experience with the dealership (Berthod Motors) from order to delivery.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, I thought with the chip shortage my two Rubicons would be about 2-3 months. Ordered mine 4/23 and wife’s 5/3 and we got them both on 5/31. Love ‘em both!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Definitely a bad time period to be buying new or used,I have bought vehicles from same dealer for 25 years and got 4,000 off msrp .it pays to be loyal custome.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
42 Posts
Have you checked into selling your car to Carvana, Vroom, Carmax? They're paying insane prices for used vehicles.
Just curious if you have closed any transaction with carvana before? My experience with them was terrible

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just curious if you have closed any transaction with carvana before? My experience with them was terrible
Yes! We just used them to buy our DD/RT, came off lease, we purchased it outright (since they can't buy a lease under 30 days), turned right around sold it to them, made $9K vs. just turning over the keys (it was replaced by the 4xe). I have them scheduled to come get my Mustang this week, offer was about what I paid 2 years ago, have a Tesla I'm pickup this Sunday :)

So no issues to speak of but I will say, if you need any direct customer service, they're a black hole, everything is so automated, there's almost no way to speak to a person. Never traded with them, or purchased, the DD was our first contact with them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Definitely a bad time period to be buying new or used,I have bought vehicles from same dealer for 25 years and got 4,000 off msrp .it pays to be loyal custome.
I am glad yours did you right. Mine is not being helpful at all. I guess loyalty doesnt matter to them all...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Your seriously bitching about 1%… maybe a Jeep isn’t for you 🤷🏻‍♂️ How about a Hyundai ?
So, i think he made a small error. The affiliate price is supposed to be 1% below invoice, which is more like 6-10% i believe. That is a few thousand dollars. I know between the current lease deal i have worked up (MSRP) and a proposed one i am looking at (9% below MSRP), the difference is about $10K all said and done when leasing.. That is a pretty big deal to some folks.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts