Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to three dealers… none would accept affiliates 1% below MSRP and all giving runaround on my 2018 Sting Gray Rubi that is loaded, manual with tan leather, dual tops etc.
Clearly Jeep not wanting to sell 4xe. I have purchased 6 brand new Jeeps but looking like never getting to 7!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I chose to place an order for one and the ealer matched the pricing on the jeep website before they raised it 2 days ago. I do know when I tried using the costco discount they would only accept it on one of the saharas they had in stock and definitely not on an order. I got my fully loaded white for 63,420. now on the Jeep site it is 65,230. Some want to markup some dont. I went to 5 differnet dealers in my area. 3 didnt know what the eff they were doing, one chose to simply never respond back to my "I want to order a jeep" email and th elast one responded with "yeah we can match that price, come in tomorrow, give us a down payment". 20 minutes after getting there I was on my way out. There is a small demand for cars new and used. I chose to sell both of my cars while I am waiting for my jeep to be built. You might get a premium if you sell it on your own.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Went to three dealers… none would accept affiliates 1% below MSRP and all giving runaround on my 2018 Sting Gray Rubi that is loaded, manual with tan leather, dual tops etc.
Clearly Jeep not wanting to sell 4xe. I have purchased 6 brand new Jeeps but looking like never getting to 7!
I mean it doesn't take the brightest crayon in the box to understand that you aren't going to get 1% below anything on something they can't keep in stock over MSRP. I would also bet you want to much for your 2018 just how you come across. I don't really understand the point of this post or what you're trying to accomplish, but it's very childish and should be taken someplace else.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I mean it doesn't take the brightest crayon in the box to understand that you aren't going to get 1% below anything on something they can't keep in stock over MSRP. I would also bet you want to much for your 2018 just how you come across. I don't really understand the point of this post or what you're trying to accomplish, but it's very childish and should be taken someplace else.
Okay genius. Thanks. Check your spelling.

·
Registered
100 Posts
wow hard tobaco !, i wish you to find a dealer that likes to work with you.
we had good experience with our jeep dealer. will buy again a jeep if i want one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Have you been following the news lately? Chip shortage, 5-7% projected inflation, supply and demand - economics 101? Who in a world would be selling it below msrp? 🥸

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you been following the news lately? Chip shortage, 5-7% projected inflation, supply and demand - economics 101? Who in a world would be selling it below msrp? 🥸
Affiliates program gives 1% below invoice… hard stop. They just are somehow opting out. Found one tonight who will honor it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
wow hard tobaco !, i wish you to find a dealer that likes to work with you.
we had good experience with our jeep dealer. will buy again a jeep if i want one.
100% Positive experience with the dealership (Berthod Motors) from order to delivery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, I thought with the chip shortage my two Rubicons would be about 2-3 months. Ordered mine 4/23 and wife’s 5/3 and we got them both on 5/31. Love ‘em both!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Definitely a bad time period to be buying new or used,I have bought vehicles from same dealer for 25 years and got 4,000 off msrp .it pays to be loyal custome.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just curious if you have closed any transaction with carvana before? My experience with them was terrible
Yes! We just used them to buy our DD/RT, came off lease, we purchased it outright (since they can't buy a lease under 30 days), turned right around sold it to them, made $9K vs. just turning over the keys (it was replaced by the 4xe). I have them scheduled to come get my Mustang this week, offer was about what I paid 2 years ago, have a Tesla I'm pickup this Sunday :)

So no issues to speak of but I will say, if you need any direct customer service, they're a black hole, everything is so automated, there's almost no way to speak to a person. Never traded with them, or purchased, the DD was our first contact with them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts