Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an interesting consequence of such poor aerodynamics but we really benefit from being behind large trucks. Given the soft top Sky OneTouch I noticed almost eerie dead silence when I hit a truck's slipstream. I brought up the hybrid screen and at 65/70 MPH I was using about 25 KWh. Without anything in front I was showing around 50 KWh.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How far behind the truck were you?

I try not to drive behind anyone, especially trucks, since an interesting consequence of having a relatively vertical windshield is that they are extremely prone to rock chips!

·
Registered
96 Posts
This is an interesting consequence of such poor aerodynamics but we really benefit from being behind large trucks. Given the soft top Sky OneTouch I noticed almost eerie dead silence when I hit a truck's slipstream. I brought up the hybrid screen and at 65/70 MPH I was using about 25 KWh. Without anything in front I was showing around 50 KWh.
Rubbing, my friend, is racing!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How far behind the truck were you?

I try not to drive behind anyone, especially trucks, since an interesting consequence of having a relatively vertical windshield is that they are extremely prone to rock chips!
I had the ACC on at max or near max distance. So it wasn't crazy close.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Find my self doing this more and more in pursuit of MPG's - even willing to take a slower pace sometimes - cool to see on the dash how much less KW is needed when drafting other vehicles

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hope you got gorilla glass!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I’d be interested to hear from someone with Sky One Touch: what’s the real-time MPG impact of the rear window open vs. closed when the roof is open and side panels are off. Seems like it would be a parachute back there. Is it noticeable?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts