Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

Drove home from new purchase and CHECK ENGINE LIGHT is on.

6K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Jamesm 
#1 ·
I was driving home on after a new purchase of a 22 Wrangler 4xe and the CIL came on. I turned around and went back to the dealer. They scheduled me an appointment for 4 days later. When I brought it home I decide to check the fuses. Of course many were not seated well. I actually asked the dealer to seat them and they said they did. Still the CIL is on. I have a number of issues. I learned this by using my ODB scanner. I’ll post a picture. My main issue now is the starting procedure is unreliable. If it sits a while it will start. But it WILL NOT START AFTER TURNING IT OFF. I get the close fuel door message sometimes so I’ve repeatedly closed it to no avail. Also the red security light is on sometimes when I try to start it. I literally didn’t own it for 1 hour before all this began. I hope this is a simple software fix but this is ridiculous. It’s the most I’ve ever paid for a vehicle by far. It should work right out the gate.
Font Screenshot Rectangle Darkness Software

See less See more
#4 ·
Mine is back at the dealer after 2,000 miles. Cheap bucket of bolts. Engineering cut corners.

I got several codes and the dealers are now aware most of these Wranglers don't work.

My first code that came back was B22A9-00 it's the ECU. The 4xe won't charge. Not on a Level 2, not even on the cheap plastic piece of trash they give you with the Wrangler.

:confused:

#5 ·
So the Dealer called and said they are replacing the PCM. I took it back the next day. The big initial tell was it would not take a full charge. I’ve seen on this site where this was the case with lots of others. I will advise everyone not to pick your vehicle up unless it takes a full charge, check the transmission fluid and the fuses before leaving the dealer. The PCM may take 10 days to arrive, it could be more.

#11 ·
I’ve had my 2022 4xe since Friday and this morning the close fuel door message appeared and the solid red dot was showing on the bottom left of the screen. I’ve checked the gas cap multiple times and closed the fuel door over and over-still showing the error code.

I am looking forward to hearing what you find out from the dealership.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.