Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, for those who got the dual top, did it come with the bag to put the soft top windows in when they're removed, or is this an extra to buy?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it seems like it isn't available to order right now...

What about the bag for the freedom top panels, is that included?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well it seems like it isn't available to order right now...

What about the bag for the freedom top panels, is that included?
The freedom panels storage bag was included with my 4xe. It should be written on the build sheet / window sticker. It is even written in the (badly designed) online configurator on Jeep website when you click on the dual top option (at least where I live in Canada)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Got the dual top group. Mine did not come with a soft top window storage bag, but it did come with a freedom panels storage bag.
Anyone have a clever location that they store the rear window and bar when the soft top is fully lowered? Tough to roll things up like I did with my JKU before getting the Trek Top.

·
Registered
4xe Rubicon, AP1 S2000
56 Posts
Soft top bag is a $75 option IIRC. I have it, and dual top, and not worth it IMO. It’s pretty big and ungainly to use, and kind of fiddly to get the windows in there exactly right. I usually just lay the windows on the raised convertible top of my other car. Been doing this for three* years and no problems since, trick is to just lay them flat.

*I had Dual Top on my last Jeep, I sold it and kept the soft top that I now use on my 4xe, which I ordered with just the HT.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Got the dual top group. Mine did not come with a soft top window storage bag, but it did come with a freedom panels storage bag.
Anyone have a clever location that they store the rear window and bar when the soft top is fully lowered? Tough to roll things up like I did with my JKU before getting the Trek Top.
Slide the bar off and roll it up sideways. I'm using a bag that came with an old TJ soft top to put the rear window in before rolling it up sideways. Cheap, but effective.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Soft top bag is a $75 option IIRC. I have it, and dual top, and not worth it IMO. It’s pretty big and ungainly to use, and kind of fiddly to get the windows in there exactly right. I usually just lay the windows on the raised convertible top of my other car. Been doing this for three* years and no problems since, trick is to just lay them flat.

*I had Dual Top on my last Jeep, I sold it and kept the soft top that I now use on my 4xe, which I ordered with just the HT.
I hang the rear side windows from the top of the front doors which are also removed and sitting in the garage. Not too worried about those since you can't really see out of them driving anyway. I baby the rear window tho.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hang the rear side windows from the top of the front doors which are also removed and sitting in the garage. Not too worried about those since you can't really see out of them driving anyway. I baby the rear window tho.
For me, I want to be able to take the windows with me and fit them back on when parked

1 - 12 of 12 Posts