Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I started getting this message (E-Drive Mode Control Unavailable, Service Required) after driving 800 miles. Wrangler constantly displays the message with loud beeps.

it is with the dealer for past couple of days, no updates yet.

Did anyone else have this happen?

@JeepCares

·
Registered
179 Posts
I started getting this message (E-Drive Mode Control Unavailable, Service Required) after driving 800 miles. Wrangler constantly displays the message with loud beeps.

@JeepCares
We appreciate you tagging us here, govind666. If you could, send us a private message with more details and we can assist you further.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
3 Posts

@JeepCares
Need more details to help out. Get the codes and any other info from the dealer and I will see what I can do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any resolve on this? Mine’s at the dealer right now with the same error message.
Not resolved yet. Service said the
Any resolve on this? Mine’s at the dealer right now with the same error message.
Not resolved yet. Service told me 4 Gang Switch - Mopar (68414233AC) needs to be replaced. It is on backorder. Please let me know if you if you hear otherwise.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey, Ace_4xe. Although you are seeking assistance from fellow forum members, if you don't find the answer you're looking for we would be happy to discuss with you. Send us a private message to get started.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
6 Posts
The latest test indicates a bad PIM module (power inverter module?). My dealership hasn’t tried to order the part because they’ve been waiting since yesterday for a response from the Jeep STAR techs.

Hopefully your part becomes available soon. It’s tough to be without our Jeeps!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Maybe you are one of the 17 on the waiting list ahead of me? They said it would be over 30 days to get the part! Not happy right now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Other than my dealership telling me that these forums didn't exist he is also concluded that my Jeep is the only one in North America with this problem and that I'm crazy
@JeepCares Abbotsford jeep Dodge Chrysler, Abbotsford British Columbia Canada

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Apparently the part 4 Gang Switch - Mopar (68414233AC) was shipped and should be at the dealership this week. I have no confidence because some vehicles for the same error are diagnosed with PIM module as the issue. Fingers Crossed!!!

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Has anyone actually gotten a PIM module replaced yet? Havent seen any updates. Maybe jeep is just buying all of them back and thats why are not hearing from the owners?

·
Registered
82 Posts
@Schroeder0203
Wow that totally sucks and I can certainly relate with this situation and the decisions your are about to be forced to make. I wish you success in whatever direction you decide to go.
What kind of assistance are you getting from your dealer/service center? Are they being supportive or being difficult? Is anyone supplying you with a complimentary vehicle to drive while yours is at the service center or any other type of assistance?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dealer is being cool. Ive been in a loaner now for 20+ days.
Right now Im hoping they will do a vin swap. I dont want a buy back since the time I bought mine vs now the msrp has increased almost $3000. Not only that but I got a discount on it
which is currently unheard of. I would be deep in the hole if I tried to just re buy what I have already.
If they wont do a vin swap Im just gonna request to keep the dealers loaner for the next 3 months and they make my lease payments. Im also gonna request
I pick up the car or they tow it to my house for safe keeping. Im not leaving it sit outside at the dealer till November. Will see how it goes.
Im sure they dont want to pay $40 a day for a rental for the next 4 months plus all my lease payments. Its gonna get pricey.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hopefully its a sweet ride that you are enjoying, but ya not the same as being in "your" Jeep.
How has the conversation been when people ask you about your new vehicle purchase, like when they ask if they should buy one? Not trying to stir things, but somewhat dealing with the similar mixed issues.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts