Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sahara 4XE
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no data to prove it but my 4xe seems faster and most responsive in E-Save Battery Charge mode. Likely because the engine seems to always be running: particularly when battery power is below max. When I feel like a spirited drive, it is my go to mode. Regular e-save still intermittently shuts the engine off and is therefore less preferable.

E-Save Battery Charge --> Efficiency = low, fun = high

Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
160 Posts
It does remove the delay from starting the engine when you floor it. Another way to get the same is manual shifting, of course, since that keeps the engine running and in its powerband as well. I have found that the 4xE can be pretty laggy going from cruise or decel to full power in hybrid mode - it has to start the engine, apply full power from the big motor, rev the engine up and engage the clutch, maybe downshift, then there's a little more delay while the turbo spools and you get full power. It's pretty crazy when you think about what is actually going on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.