Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
What is your HVAC set at?

Above ~32°F, and with sufficient battery and fuel, the vehicle will usually power up silently (ICE not running). The exception is if you have a very high HVAC demand.

·
Registered
32 Posts
What's your oil life at out of curiosity?
Just checked and it’s at 81%.

It’s 5 degrees out and on start up I got ICE which is what I would totally expect. I tried to put it into Electric and it said unavailable… which I would also expect. But, given the temp I would expect it to also say cabin heating, electric unavailable… which it doesn’t. That’s what kind of baffles me.

@Sjbiss my hvac is usually set to heat. Is that what you mean? But I didn’t find that this affected the issue I had when I first got the Jeep.

·
Registered
848 Posts
@berryb What temp and fan setting are you using? Also, are you using heated seats/steering? Drawing large amounts power from either the climate or acceleration will kick on the gas engine under normal operations.

·
Registered
32 Posts
@berryb What temp and fan setting are you using? Also, are you using heated seats/steering? Drawing large amounts power from either the climate or acceleration will kick on the gas engine under normal operations.
I tried many combinations of this. Back in early Dec when the ext temps were moderate is when I got the cabin message. I tried fully off and various other temps at that point. Drove for a couple days with climate system off and then the CEL came on and sent her to the dealer. I documented this here.

·
Registered
848 Posts
@Dave1822

Below 10°F, the engine will always run until various systems are up to operating temperature. Electric mode will be unavailable during warmup. At these temperatures, the electric heater really isn’t an efficient way to heat the cabin, and your EV range would be greatly reduced by that anyway. The same is true of BEV’s, but they don’t have an ICE to help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m starting to think my issue is not fuel refresh mode. To clarify does the dash actually say fuel refresh mode when triggered?
My issue is specifically when driving at highway speeds up a slight grade/hill in full electric. I begin to lose throttle and speed but the ICE doesn’t turn on. Even if I pedal down the car just loses speed then I get a signal “electric mode unavailable” it flips to hybrid and the ICE kicks on

appears to be a limitation in the “electric only mode”
Have you gotten this figured out? I’m having the same issue. I’ve only noticed it after charging with a level 2 though.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts