Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
121 - 140 of 143 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
I have no reader to tell if it's locked out. Also haven't gone back to the dealer for the ZB7 recall since I had the previous recall for lock tite to be added.

I know something is wrong since every time I started the vehicle it's always silent but about 3 days ago it has only started up with the engine on now. I have an appointment on Monday which was the first time spot for them to look at the Jeep.

· Registered
1,007 Posts
If it has not had the recall this really sounds like a bad coolant heater. Here's a test. When the vehicle is cold. Put the vehicle to run, without starting the vehicle (don't push the brake). Then plug the charger in. Watch the climate power draw on the hybrid pages. If there isn't any power draw. Your coolant heater is likely bad

· Registered
3,742 Posts
I have no reader to tell if it's locked out. Also haven't gone back to the dealer for the ZB7 recall since I had the previous recall for lock tite to be added.

I know something is wrong since every time I started the vehicle it's always silent but about 3 days ago it has only started up with the engine on now. I have an appointment on Monday which was the first time spot for them to look at the Jeep.
Be prepared to have a check engine light on after you have the recall performed. It will come on after the update for a locked out heater.

· Registered
2023 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
68 Posts
Look at messages on the dash. I bet it is trying to refresh the oil and gas. That is what causes mine. If I start it and put it in electric mode before the gas engine starts, it will stay there until the gas engine starts up. Then it is stuck in hybrid mode.

· Registered
33 Posts
I always drive in hybrid and the speeds here always force me with the engine on which is fine so I know it's not FOMC. I have it at the dealership yesterday and the service advisor told me they found a PCM update for the electric mode message???? I'm like okay. And then he texted that they will perform the recall update and I'm thinking this is going to get good...lol

· Registered
33 Posts
Just an update. After they flashed it the dealership said they can't figure out what's going on. The check engine light kicked on and when I asked about the engine heater lock out they said the tech stated it's a hybrid/EV battery pack code.

· Registered
1 Posts
hey sawyer. I’m having this EXACT same issue! Jeep went back into the shop for the 2nd time. I’m concerned about the number people mentioning this same problem. Any update on your end? Has it been resolved?
I live in Italy, same issue in the same period of the year….. I recovered the car at the dealership to fix it, they patched the software with an update under the Stellantis support team…it seemed it worked last week, but i think the issue is not solved at all, I mean the car doesn’t work anymore as before. The reason is that to avoid the oil starts to degradate too much due to diluition too high with the fuel, the algorithm in the software forces the car to use the fuel for at less half an hour or more continuously…this didn’t happened before. There is a specific table with the dilution % and degradation that inspired this update in the software, gived to me by the dealership to justify the update….Am I sactisfied? Not at all

· Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone fully resolved this issue (Electric Mode Unavailable. Cabin cooling...) ? Seems to be quite a few posts on this but no formal resolutions. If you did get it fixed can you share how? Thanks!
I'm having the same issue. No longer running in electric or hybrid mode and climate control off. Is there also a recall for this? This car is a total lemon!

121 - 140 of 143 Posts